Chiropractor

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hey so ive been on 48mg of betahistine twice a day for a couple of months now and it worked great in the beginning but now i am going back to having mitliple vertigo attacks a week im gonna try the steroid injections again but ive also heard some good things about getting chiropractic stuff done...has anyone had any positive results from that?

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Beware mumbo-jumbo. Desperate people will give anything a try.

Your best bet is to increase your betahistine dose. I am currently on 48mg three times a day and under control but I have been up to 64mg tds which is a modest dose according to my consultant.

good luck.

• Posted

Chiropractice is not related at all to Meniere's Disease.  Do not go down that path.

Eleftherios S. Papathanasiou, PhD FEAN

Clinical Neurophysiologist

Fellow of the European Academy of Neurology

• Posted

If chiropractic manipulation works it's probably because a person never actually had Meniere's but did have a condition caused by trama to the head and or neck would be my best guess. My hairdresser told me that her husband who was told that he had Meniere's was helped by a chiropractor, but I would guess he never really had a true case of Meniere's. I could be wrong though.

• Posted

What is the condition? Because I have had trauma to my head and neck...are the symptoms the same? Are they often confused? Thank you for your input! 
    • Posted

Just curious do you feel better yet? Has the migraine medicine helped you by chance? I'm trying to figure out if I have migraines. And if your treatment has helped, what medication was it again?

• Posted

I've never heard of anyone even using a chiropractor

• Posted

My moms chiropractor said hes trained in "the manouver" so im not sure what to believe now rolleyes i know im desperate i have a 2 year old and its impossible to be around him when im having an attack

• Posted

He treats Ménière's disease with chiropractic work? Has he done it to someone with menieres? Have you tried gerimicin injection? How long do your attacks last for? I'm sorry! That must be miserable! I completely understand what you are going through. Do you feel imbalanced for a while after the attack?

• Posted

I dont know if he has done it before and yeah ive had one round worked for a short time but im going to try again next week...my attacks vary sometimes only 20mins sometimes like 4-5 hours and yeah i feel like im hungover after an attack
    • Posted

Can you tell when an attack is coming on before it happens? That sounds awful. Does it cause throwing up?
    • Posted

I sometimes get a 5 minute warning or so but most of the time it hits all of a sudden and majority of the time I do throw up because of it...depends on the intensity of the vertigo 
    • Posted

Hi, mi get no warning - sometimes vomit - but not as often anymore.  I do tend to eat smaller portions which helps 😞😞

• Posted

I had the same result with betahistine - was taking 16mg x 3 - three times a day. Worked for 4 months. I'm on no meds now - acupuncture has helped. Grommet fitted too! Bottom line we don't know what works - am happy trying anything - good luck

• Posted

What about it has the acupuncture helped? and what is grommet fitted? Thank you!
    • Posted

No idea really, was so desperate was willing to try anything. I'd had acupuncture in the past following spinal damage - so tried it again.  I get very bad headaches sometimes before an attack sometimes after - never know what triggers the attacks - is it the headaches or are the headaches a result of the attacks?    So the acupuncture has helped with the headaches. I get daily attacks, but I can function - similar to going lightheaded when getting up too quick, but lasting 1-2hrs and my balance is effected too, but I don't drop anymore or vomit, although I do feel nauseous.  

I have no no idea if the acupuncture is the reason or the illness in itself is easing? Still deaf X 

hope this helps j 👍

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.