Chlordiazeporixide (librium)

Posted , 9 users are following.

I had a liver function n ggt test done a week ago i was called into see my gp today and told the results of my GGT was high in December it was a normal 21 now 7 months later its 133!

he has prescribed me chlordiazeporixide 10mg  i have to take 2 tablets 3 times a day for 3 days then cut down to 1 tablet 3 times a day.

my question is has anyone else used these how did u find them??? 

ive taken 2 doses now n am desperate for a drink

does anyone know wat will happen if i did drink whilst taking these?

0 likes, 36 replies

36 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Anna. I know exactly how you  feel- been there so many times. Try again today with the help of your Librium. I have not that medication- I take Diazapam when my Doctor will prescribe it- unfortunatlely it's very addictive.Take care today X
  • Posted

This is an interesting thread as it is pulling in those people requiring detox and those so called mild dependents as myself. Although i did not have physical withdrawals i was a daily drinker , evenings only but found i was starting earlier recently. I began to find it difficult to have alcohol free days. One or two drinks were not an option. I would drink until it was time for bed. Mainly wine. I am now in my third week of taking Nalmefene. These last few days i have opted to not take the tablet and remain alcohol free.i am amazed at this. However, as it is still early days should i aim to have a few days of moderate drinking taking nalmafene. I have not graved for a drink for a few days now, in fact longer !

I can definetly recommend Nalmefene. Speak to your GP.

Ray

• Posted

Glad it seems to have worked well for you, so far, Ray smile Just make sure you always have a Nalmefene pill to hand in case you do decide to have a drink. If you drink while 'unprotected' by the drug, you are at very high risk of getting back into difficulty.
    • Posted

Thanks Paul I will do . My point though , or question really is; This change seems to have happened quickly in my case. I am wondering if I should plan to have more ' social limited drinking' at this stage, even though I may not have a graving for a drink. Just so that I get the full effect of the Pharmagology changes of the drug.  I could probably have several nights off drinking now and not take the drug. However, is it too early to be thinking this way. Should I still take a tablet and have the odd drink to ensure the Nalmefene is doing it's job and continue for a few more weeks.    Or has the Nalmefene already , in my case had that effect of “pharmacological extinction.” ?
    • Posted

It varies, Ray. The research found that, on average, pharmacological extinction is reached within 2 to 3 months but some people notice a very much quicker effect. However, there is no need to force the issue by drinking more often. If you are not craving, the drug is doing it's job. Just make sure you take a pill before you drink EVERY TIME but don't worry about how frequent that is.
    • Posted

Okay thanks I will. I was just worried that an early effect was not sustainable if I did not drink for a while at this stage.

cheers

Ray

• Posted

Hi Ray. You seem to be a lot better and that is great news. Perhaps you are already drinking less and feeling better about yourself!
  • Posted

Hi,

I know that this is an old post but I just wanted to say that I really appreciate all of the posts. Thanks to everyone! So... I successfully quit drinking for months but due to a tremendous amount of stress in my personal life I ended up going back to the bottle.. Now I have gone through a company online that has prescribed me librium to get off because I'm struggling so bad with the withdrawals.. however I'm afraid to take the medication as last time I quit the medicine made me feel so out of it and quit depressed. I did eventually get my head chemistry sort of back to normal but it took time, patience and a bit of distracting myself with other things.. Does anyone know if I have to take 40mg 4 times a day and then taper off or is there anyway to take it as needed (for example when I get the shakes). I have had a seizure once in the past but I think it was due to an injection I had from the doctor given to me for a skin rash. Normally, I try to only take natural or organic supplements if any. I can't believe I am back in this boat again. Any advice from anyone? I am a 30 year old female and about 115lbs. I was drinking scotch but have tried to switch to beer and now have at least 10 a day. I am so ashamed. I hope everyone who has posted here (and everyone in general) is healthy, happy and doing well. Thanks for the help! Even reading all the posts has restored some hope.

• Posted

Dear Nikki, i saw this 10 hour s ago b ut could not reply since i have no medical tra inig or pharmaceutical training. Librium dosage not my area. Lockdown has obviously quite a struggle as.for most people. I stopped 8 years ago and life improved tremendously. Hopefully, somebody will reply soon or call a pharmacist for advice. Regards Robin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.