Chostochondritis or something else?

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hello, I was recently diagnosed with Costo about 3 weeks ago, but I'm not sure that's what it is because I'm not in a lot of pain. I have had a tender spot under my breast that isn't there anymore but not its a little tender spot in more of my sternum I also have pressure under my left breast that feels like it's pressure on my heart. I have had 3-4 ekgs in the matter of 4 months my last one was about 3 weeks ago along with a chest X-ray and blood work. The doctors always say my heart looks really good, but I'm worried that they are missing something. I also have anxiety and acid reflux idk if that has anything to do with this but any advice or if anyone has felt this same way before it would be really helpful.

0 likes, 58 replies

58 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Also my doctor ordered some beta blockers for my heart rate and I'm scared to take them. Does anyone have experience with beta blockers?

• Posted

Good lord all our stories are so similar!! I'm actually getting my gallbladder removed in 4 days.... I'm hoping that my chest pain goes away after but that's probably wishful thinking. I have my appt with the cardiologist in January and I will have a nuclear stress test shortly after. I've been feeling good for the last couple days and now I'm having pains again on the left side and they go into my arm. It almost feels like a nail burning into me.... hard to explain. I also get the squeezing feeling! I've had a scope and told I have gastritis and gerd for which I'm on esomeprazole. I also take naproxen or baclofen when the pain gets really bad. Anyways, my gallbladder has been acting up and apparently the gallbladder can make gerd or gastritis worse, so I'm really hoping that's the case- meaning I should feel a ton better after the surgery. I work at a hospital and do a lot of ecgs on myself and they're all normal so I'm so hoping my chest pain is from the gerd/gastritis/gallbladder. I honestly don't believe its costo.... atleast not yet!!

• Posted

I hope getting your gallbladder removed helps you! I had mine out in August it was a horrible experience for me! I was feeling real good for a couple days too and then all of a sudden bam! Back to feeling horrible! I sort of feel like when I was in my omeperzol I could breathe somewhat better! Strange? I'm having a hard time believing it too! I might feel better after seeing the cardiologist!

• Posted

Hi cricket! How did your gallbladder surgery go? I hope you have had a good, fast recovery! Did you see the cardiologist yet?
    • Posted

Hey! Yes, I had it last week actually, plus an umbilical hernia repair. I was really sore and really tired for a few days but much better today. I still have my chest pain!!! I'm so upset. I go to see the cardiologist tomorrow though so I'll see how that goes. Any update with you?

• Posted

So glad to hear that your surgery went well and that that your recovery is going good! Oh good let me know how that goes for sure!

Yes I saw the cardiologist about a week and a half ago and they gave me a heart monitor for two weeks so I'm almost done with! I haven't gotten any of my random racing hearts while wearing it tho which is disappointing cuz I wanted to record that! Just to be sure it's nothing! I have been having a lot harder of a time breathing lately but I'm thinking it may be due to the acid reflux I'm hoping! 🙏🏼 I'm going to see my doctor tomorrow for it!

• Posted

Yes, I have the exact same thing. I always go to the doctor and tell then I have chest pain and diagnosed me with acid reflux and gave me omeprazole it kind of helped. Then finally went to the emergency 4 times and the modt recent time they finally diagnosed me with chest wall pain (Costochondritis) I am sometimes worried that its something else. I kind of finally started to relieve some weight off my chest but I still have an appointment for a cardiologist and Im scared that they are gonna find something else. After I finally started to take weight off my chest, and after lessening my anxiety and depression Im worried that the doctors will diagnose me with something else more worse but hopefully HOPEFULLY its nothing and its just what the doctors at the other emergency diagnosed me with cause it makes the modt sense to me. At least Costochondritis doesn’t kill u or is not very harmful I think. But don’t worry ur gonna be fine. 😊

• Posted

It’s crazy isn’t it! I definitely have noticed that once I stopped focusing so much on it and to stop touching the tender areas (because I would also hold it or apply pressure because for some reason it brought comfort to me) that it all seemed to go away a bit! I really think most of my issues are from acid reflux which is toll take meds for and occasionally apple cider vinegar that has helped so much! I was always scared of them finding more but they never have so I just gave up lol I struggle with heart palps more than anything but I’m not sure if it’s kore related to my anxiety and reflux or not! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.