Chronic Bacterial Prostatitis - Staphylococcus Aureus

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone,

So, two years ago i had unprotected sex with a woman and over the next week I developed about a dozen symptoms (see following thread)...many systemic symptoms. It was the scariest experience of my life. Symptoms were so severe doctors thought i might have contracted HIV. Many symptoms subsided over the course of a year however some still linger. The main lingering symptoms that i'm dealing with is an intense urethral itch about five inches into the urethra, perineal swelling, dizziness, bladder pain, hot flashes. Symptoms occur on a daily basis.

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/bump-on-meatus--301199?page=8

I just wanted to post my update, perhaps see if anyone has anything similar. After seeing a dozen different doctors and after doing hundreds of hours of personal research on the subject, i finally have a diagnosis.

After more than ten urine tests, all coming back negative, I started seeing a new Urologist who did a NGS and PCR urine test and FINALLY there was a positive test result. Doctor found Staphylococcus Aureus. I was prescribed cephalexin and today i finished an 8 week course of this medication. Unfortunately i'm still dealing with symptoms. The girl i had sex with had a vaginal piercing. I believe it might have been infected which is how the Staph was transmitted to me. I hope and pray this doesn't turn into MRSA or get into my bloodstream, because then i'm fukced.

Doctor REFUSES to believe that it was sexually transmitted. But like every other urologist i've seen, they are clueless about prostatitis and refuse to believe anything that wasn't taught to them in med school. It's so hard to find a urologist who is open minded about the cause of prostatitis.

Anyway, i'm feeling pretty hopeless and done with life at this point. I can't even begin to tell you all how negatively this has impacted my life. I've been on 6 different antibiotics, swallowed hundreds of pills, i've tried various alternative therapies, and i still can't get rid of these symptoms.

**Has anyone else had any success treating prostate/bladder issues caused by Staph Aureus? **

Any help or input would be greatly appreciated as i'm not sure if i can live life like this. It's been the worst two years of my life. I'm not due to see the Urologist again until July. I've read about IV antibiotic therapy. Does it work??

I'm in New York but moving to Greenville South Carolina soon. So, i'll have to find yet another urologist....

Thank you.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

It could be a long shot, But if all else fails you may want to look into Phage Therapy. It doesnt have a HUGE amount of current clinical research to back it up, But it has been used for over 100 years and is being considered as an alternative treatment for infections and for antibiotic resistant infections.

Above all though, Dont give up hope, With perseverance and determination you can and will get better. Never give up, And keep researching and talking to medical care providers.

although you're not from the UK, I would suggest you join the prostatecanceruk.org community, They have a great community and you may just find the help you need in their forums. Plenty of prostatitis sufferers on there.

• Posted

hey mate have you got any updates ? im suffering with the same

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.