chronic depression

Posted , 6 users are following.

I Was diagnosed with chronic Depression with several Bouts of Major Deprccepon thrown into the mix.

I want to Beat my demons and Low moods and I Limit coffee intake and improved my die ot.

I guess what I am asking is can I beat  this or do I need to just accept it

1 like, 32 replies

32 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi,

Here are some symptom of depression.

Restlessness and  anger

Becoming  isolated

Fatigue and lack of energy

Feeling hopeless and helpless, 

Loss of interest in activities 

Change in body structure 

Trouble sleeping or sleeping too much

Here are some prevention method.

30 minutes of brisk walking benefits health.

Do exercise on daily basis.

Adopt good sleep habit.

Keep contact with positive and caring person. 

• Posted

Yes I have all the symptoms of depression unfortunately. I agree with the prevention methods. I love being around positive and caring people but I think do they like being around me. Although I like to think that I am a caring person I have become so negative of  late . I blame that on the depression and I just want it to lift! xx
    • Posted

Caroll thanks for your postive post I agree with everything you have said regarding Depression BUT and its a big one.

Suppose your agrophobia or  a Social phobia?

If It was Was so easy to overcome Depression Do you think We would be here holding this debate?

We all have our mountains to climb and some of us are recovering from Depression quicker than others.

You seem to have your house In  Order and believe Thats impressive but not everyone can be like you

Take Care

Jo

• Posted

Yes we know all that.  I myself have had depression for over 20 years.  I have read lots and lots on depression, as you obviously have.  Well I walk a lot.  Not always easy to get good sleep.  Some of us have health problems so cannot exercise much.  I have done all you mention.  But not that easy unfortunately.  But I will battle on.  Thanks for your input.  Hope it has helped you with your depression.  Has it?
    • Posted

I did mean to sound critical to positive Input by Carroll. If It came Over that way I apologise..

I have Just faced hurdle after hurdle mental health wise even More so the past few years after a serious assault.

I work for myself so not working is not an Option for me.

I hear the mantra of the A to Z guide to Good mental health and used to take It to heart if  I didnt feel like things were changing quick enough.

My mantra is your best is Good. enough xx

• Posted

I like that very much for me it will be Your best is good enough for today because I am taking it a day at a time. And we all know how important it is to be kind to ourselves. Hope you are having a good day Jo. Take care xx
    • Posted

Do you know today Has been really positive . I  walked my dog unaccompanied for the First time In twelve months. It sounds small. But its a milestone to me. Lets see if I can keep up the momentum

Plus my oldest Son Has Come Over from Sweden and can stay till the new year. So Thats two big positives.

Thank you so much for your kind words of support It Has meant the world to me

Thanks Again

Jo

• Posted

Really pleased for you. It is great when you start to see glimmers of sunshine. It is great to record positives. Hoping that better times are ahead for all of us. Have a lovely evening xx
    • Posted

Hey there I understand.  Please don't think I was in any way criticising anyone.

I have had depression for over 20 years and it has affected me in many ways.  Lost job, house, relationships.  Taken overdose, been in psychiatric hospital.  Hard for us all.  We battle on.  I admire everyone here believe me, all strong people determined to fight.  Well done you and everyone. 

Bless you.

• Posted

I think we all want to beat it and we all find different ways to snap out of it and carry on with the next day. I read that your family arent touchy feely and that can be hard as you dont feel you can confide in anyone.

You need the ability to talk to someone, even if it someone here onlien daily. Over 18month ago my depression started and my ex wife was far from helpful in fact to the point of wishing I was dead, which resulted in us getting a divorced and me moving on.

Depression has been a horriffic things for me and whilst I under stand it can be harder for other people who are supposed to care for you too, it menas you have to confide in strangers, that in turn become your pillars.

• Posted

Your very welcome, you need to take care of number 1 sometimes. Your will work something out
    • Posted

You sound like a good and helpful person, and like us all, have been through so much.  Yes depression is a horrific illness.  Thank you so much for your helpful input to us all. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.