Chronic Fatigue 3 months post TKR

Posted , 7 users are following.

Has anyone ended up with chronic fatigue following a TKR? Now I know it is a year recovery etc but I am increasingly tired and could sleep all the time, especially since I had an MUA at 10 weeks but not on any strong meds. Will see the GP of course, but wondered if anyone else was still really exhausted this at this stage.

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Nice relaxing bath in Epsom salts perks me up a bit. I think buildup of stress even from before the surgery hits some people afterwards. Can only allow it to be what it is. Though I think for a major operation, this extreme tiredness is not uncommon. I often feel wrecked!
  • Posted

I am 4 weeks post op from total knee-I am doing well but the fatigue is the main problem.

• Posted

Oh yeah...especially during the first 3 months.  I was sleeping 12 hours a day at times and asked my GP.  She told me that all the energy in my body was being directed at healing my knee.  What to do?  Eat HEALTHY, hydrate a lot, take your meds and sleep whenever your body tells you to sleep.  You need energy to heal.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.