Chronic fatigue but not sure what it is..

Posted , 7 users are following.

I will try to keep this short. Three years ago my fatigue started and is still here. Brain fog too. I have visited so many doctors these years and they tested me for autoimmune disorders, celiac and other things and noone knows what is wrong with me. At the beginning I was vitamin d deficient but that was fixed the first year. For three years now either I wake up exhausted or I have energy only for the first couple of hours. I also have cold urticaria and oral allergies in some foods (I didn't have either before my fatigue started. Has anyone experienced anything similar? or has anyone any idea what it might be? I exercise regularly and eat as healthy as possible. any input would be greatly appreciated.

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Next
  • Posted

have you looked into Lyme and tick borne infections? Find an LLMD near you

• Posted

I have looked into Lyme, yes. the test was negative. thank you for responding

• Posted

Hi Alex, There is a very high false negative rate only an LLMD will understand. With LYME etc. the sooner you start antibiotics, the better . Google LLMD. The average doctor doesn't understand this

• Posted

not everything is lyme ,and advising someone to take antibiotics or ANY kind of medication without knowing their health background is EXTREMELY DANGEROUS specially over the net. I wonder why and how you are so sure he "has" lyme when the test already came back negative. does anyone ever look at side effects from medication. I feel sorry for ppl struggling with symptoms thinking their I'll. with all the respect I hope not to offend anyone 😃

• Posted

Hi Alex,

Do you remember a trigger to your fatigue?

Beverley

• Posted

The day it started it was the last day of being sick with what seemed to be the flu, although I had more fever than I usually have when I have the flu. I was shivering and aching in my entire body. I woke up the next day exhausted, which I thought was normal for the situation. Flu was gone but the fatigue never left.

• Posted

i had a cold two weeks before i got sick which is thought to have triggered it for me. but six months prior to that i had been doing a very stressful job which apparently left me more suceptable to getting ME

• Posted

Hi Alex,

Cfs/me needs a trigger and it seems yours was the flu? If you Google the ME association there is a list of causes and symptoms and any virus can trigger post viral syndrome which then leads onto ME. My own trigger was a car crash and just like you I woke up afterwards exhausted. Doctors, psychotherapist and physiotherapist all telling me that was expected. 18 months later was when I started to wonder if this were something else and all clear blood tests came back.

I have had people ask me about Lymes (my reply is that I would have been really unlucky to have been bitten by a tick and have the crash!) a liver disorder that has cfs/me symptoms, vitamin d deficiency etc. I know my trigger but would just like to get to recovery. Lots of people do.

Beverley

• Posted

Jan, I have been doing a stressful job that I quit two months prior to getting sick. I worked for many hours with no days off and with too much stress and very strict bosses. It seemed weird to me to be honest, that of all the pressure I didn't get sick while I was working but two months later

• Posted

yeah i think then the flu is the trigger or the final straw , 😦

• Posted

Thank you for your concern. I am in the same situation as I was, no improvement, my days are either bad or really bad. I take a lot of vitamin supplements that my doctors suggested and although it's been months since I started still no sign of improvement. To be honest I have lost all hope that I will ever feel better.

• Posted

Plz dont loose hope , I am also in same situation since 1 year

how is your hunger ( true hunger from abdomen ? not just feeling to eat)

how many hrs sleep in daytime do you need?

do you feel restless and whole body heavy and stiff especially when fatigue?

do you have IBS after viral infection ?

did you have weight loss at start of CFS ?

Are you able to work for some hrs ?

• Posted

Hunger comes and goes, no matter how much I sleep I don't feel better (the more I sleep the worse I feel actually), my body feels extremely heavy (like I have cement in my veins instead of blood), weight loss no (not unintentional anyway), I don't work so I can't say about that, but when I am physically or mentally active I get tired quickly and if I push myself I get worse and it takes days to get even a little bit better.

• Posted

how abt IBS ( constipation or dirrehea)

do you have dry skin and dry abdomen ?

after getting up early morning is your tongue completely white coated ?

how many hrs do you actually sleep in daytime consistently ?

• Posted

after eating (meals ) hunger comes after how many hrs ?

do you face gases , bloating , distention or lower/ upper abdomen discomfort, constipation or dirrhea ?

• Posted

IBS yes, skin and tongue are ok, bloated abdomen with pretty much all food, sometimes my leg gets swollen if I it something (not sure what, usually biscuits or something similar). Also one of my eyelids gets swollen when I am exhausted (always the same one).

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.