Chronic Gastritis

Posted , 28 users are following.

Hi have chronic gastritis from 4 month(confirmed by endoscopy).

I do not have acid reflux.

Only dull ache above abdomen and left side of chest.

I am on reberprozole and librax.

My question is whether chronic gastritis is curable or is it a lifetime condition?

I am loosing hope because this dull ache is not going away.

Please please reply...

4 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi I have chronic gastritis diagnosed by two endoscopies over 18 months - I also had h.pylori which is now negative.  You will get better please believe that but I have had to change PPI at least 3 times over that period - it hasn't been a quick fix for me.  I found DGL really helpful in the early days. Try and eat little and often and don't allow yourself to feel hungry ever! I know it's hard to cope with the pain every day but I promise you it can be managed and will improve - take care

• Posted

Hi Linda,

Many Thanks for your reply. What is your condition now? Are you still taking PPI? Do you also have dull ache or you have heartburn? I am very negative about this condition and no body is able to reply me that one day it will be cured permanently or we have to take PPI For the whole life?

• Posted

I am on ranitadine and lorazepam with ingestion tablets called remegel from boots, theses tablets have finally helped me after 8 weeks of suffering, I'm also eating little but often, and also trying to eat Greek yogurt. I hope this helps alittle

• Posted

Haven't heard from you lately. How are you doing ? I still have some abdominal pain. Not like it was but it's still there , except when I get up in the mornings. Then gets a little worse as the day goes on. Finished the antibiotics 9 days ago. Thought I would be back in the saddle by now. Guess not. And I have very little energy. I guess maybe the antibiotics mess that up. I drink raw cabbage juice , celery juice and carrot juice in between small meals. Don't know if it's helping but I'm going to keep on doing it until the pain leaves. Anyway let me know how you're doing. Kinda curious.

• Posted

Hi Sanjeev, just wanted to see how you're doing now, as I'm 2 months after h pylori treatment and feel similar to you.

• Posted

I wonder how all these people are doing. Don't hear from any of them anymore. I know , I'm no better than I was before I took the 14 day treatment. Still have the pain with neausea off and on. I still wonder if anyone has actually been cured from H-Pylori. Don't think it worked for me.

• Posted

Hi. Have you found out if you're now h.p negative? I also had a 14 day treat. ( Dec 16) and only now my symptoms improve a bit. I dont have the nausea I had for over a year and its great. I have stomach pain but I know it will take a long time to heal because it is inflammed and stomach cells were damaged. Hopefully the PPI will work together with L glutamine and mastic gum I take. Avoid all fried foods. I know Im worse today because of that. xx

• Posted

I also have been told gastritis with h pylori and had 14day treatment 7 months ago but not relief.

Have you guys also experience unintended weight loss during this time? I have lost about 20lbs in 9 months with similar constant dull ache on my left side bordering my ribcage and the pain goes up n down but never dissapears. My left side stomach from sternUn to navel to my left side feels tender to the touch as well. Have bouts of nausea and lightheadedness with soft stools and some tension headaches.

Been on nexium on and off don't really feel has helped at all. Tried slippery elm, juicing and others without any relief. This is so scary and frustrating.

• Posted

Hi. Have you been tested after the treatment to find out if you still have h.p? 

The symptoms dont improve straight away after a negative result, but 7 months you should probably feeling better so get tested to find out if you re still hp positive.

I tried mastic gum for stomach pain, recommended by other people in this site, and it helps a bit. I also heard that slippery elm and marshmallow extract combined can calm and soothe your stomach but i havent tried that. I drink chamomile tea to calm my stomach and my nerves down!

• Posted

Sanjeevbhshatt and other guys here! are you alive?? Have you cured this horrible gastritis.
  • Posted

Hi....

I m New to this discussion forum....

I need some reassurance...

I have been diagnosed with h pylori chronic active gastritis.... the bacteria has been eradicated but still I m on ppi's.... i m on bland diet but sometimes I do take little bit spicy food....And have stomach discomforts...

I just want to know...weather anybody on this forum has completely cured with this condition....but how long does it takes to heal completely???

• Posted

I was diagnosed with gastritis and I found drinking strictly water and a vegan diet cured me! It's just really cleansing and it feels great. I still get nauseous when ever I drink milk or have meat. The problem here is that they say these animal products have protein in them. You should definitely not be eating more meat and dairy then is required.

• Posted

Hi Sanjeev,

Please let me know how you feel now. I have been having bloating, continuous burping, fullness upper abdomen and burning chest sometimes. I did endoscopy a month ago and doctor diagnosed Mild Gastritis. He said it could be because of health anxiety and stress related. I do have sedentary lifestyle as I am working from home and I do have health anxiety, but I did not know I would end up messing up my stomach. I am on combination of DOMPERIDONE-30MG + ESOMEPRAZOLE-40MG twice a day and I have changed my diet to completely blan and boil. Eating veggies and fruits. However symptoms are pretty much the same

So, I visited Gastro last week and he put me on triple therapy for H Pylori. I have finished the treatment and I can say my appetite have come back but the heaviness, lack of intestinal motility, burping still exists. My burping is so bad that even small quantity of water or food makes me burp multiple times, even changing positions makes me burp

I don’t know what to do, I am totally lost and really need advice from people who have gone through this horrible disease

• Posted

Hey Asim.

how you feeling now?

I've read your post and was amazed by the similarities to which I'm experiencing.

I had an endoscopy last week and have been told I have mild gastritis. I'm still waiting on biopsies.

the worse part of my symptoms is the burping! the burping is worse some days but it always there.

I've been struggling with anxiety.....mainly because of my current symptoms.

I have some abdominal discomfort but no real pain as such.

Have you tested positive for H Plyori?

Hang in there my friend you're not alone.

Ben

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.