Chronic Hives, Delayed Pressure - Try this !

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have had chronic hives for almost 18 years and sometimes for a whole year at a time.  My docs never had answers and always prescribed the usual antihistamines with little or no success.  I finally started to do some research and discovered a few trials using Sulfasalazine and asked my doc if I could try it.  He was reluctant at first but finally let me try it.  It takes time to work (about 4-6 weeks) but has resolved all my recent flares !

When I initially get the hives, I treat it with prednisone (10 mg for 2-3 days) and once my skin is clear, I start on the Sulfasalazine (2-3 500 mg pills per day).  If I'm still getting some hives, I take a Zantac, especially before meals.  In approx. 4-6 weeks the hives are gone and stay away for a very long time.  Of course, I will get another flare in the future and will treat it again.  As you probably know, when you're having a flare you should eliminate any high histamine foods from your diet - at least for a while.  I do hope this helps someone else with chronic hives caused by delayed pressure.

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

You can buy it on amazon but be sure to research anything you are planning to take and look at reviews.. I found it to be very expensive and hate to try it incase it doesnt work.. I have so many things now that didnt work.. wish they would have a sample bottle of these things . But if anyone does try it be sure and let us know on here how you did..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.