Chronic Plantar Fasciitis for 3 yrs

Posted , 23 users are following.

I have PF in both feet, in the arches and its very painful. I have tried lots of things such as shock wave therapy, orthotics in my shoes, corticosteroid injections, taping, physio..... But nothing seems to work. I go to see the chiropractor regularly just to keep things moving but things have got worse over last few weeks and am struggling to drive as get sharp twinges in my arches. I just feel i dont have much quality of life as i cannot do much at all. Can anyone suggest any further treatment to try? I have just read there is PLatelet rich plasma treament and people use botox injections to numb pain? I had a foot massage done a week ago and the lady was reflexologist, and i not sure if she made it worse? Any advice would be much appreciated

3 likes, 62 replies

62 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi, I had PRP on my left foot back in 2013 that was 100% successful. So much so, that I proceeded to have my right foot done 2 days ago. It was done at an outstanding clinic by a very experienced doctor. I chose to go back to the same clinic and asked for the same doc so I'll keep you updated as the medical field keep telling me that just because it worked on the left doesnt neccessarily mean it will work on the right. I have no reason to believe it will not and will stay positive as i have nothing to lose ... I will be reviewed in 3 weeks to determine if I need another or if there is no point to proceed ... I'll keep you updated

• Posted

Rolling your foot on a frozen waterbottle can work for it. It worked for my left foot the first time, thank you Jesus. But not both. *sigh*
  • Posted

Hey all, 

Sorry to hear about everybody's heel pain. I've also tried numerous things from stretching, icing, epsom salts, night braces, orthotics, and nothing seems to work. I've starting to wonder if it is even plantar fascitiis and wanted to get your guys thoughts on it. So here's my story: 

My name is Ryan and I'm 20 years old. I'm a college student and soccer player. In October 2017, I very stupidly jumped down a flight of stairs that lead up to a front porch. It was probably about 6 feet high and I landed right on my heels onto concrete at the bottom. Hard. There was instantly a lot of pain I could barely walk the rest of the day or the next. At the time, the worst I thought was that my heels were just badly bruised. i played through the final two weeks of my soccer season through a lot of pain. I barely made it through it, but was too embarrassed to tell my coach/parents why I would need to stop playing and figured its only two more weeks i have the entire offseason for them to heal. 

So i stopped doing all physical activity (except walking all over campus) hoping that the pain would eventually go away. But after six weeks of this (around Thanksgiving) and still no improvement I went to get x-rays. No stress fractures popped up. I went to see a podiatrist who took more x-rays and an ultrasound and told me I had stress fractures and the tendon was inflamed. He gave me night splints to wear and told me to keep staying off them as much as I could. I did nothing but walking until Christmas break but still the same pain. 

I had five weeks off of Christmas and did nothing except rest and go to my desk job. I did lots of calf stretching and ebsom salts. At the end of break, still no improvement, so I went to an orthopedic doctor who did not think the method of injury suggested plantar fasciitis. He ordered me an MRI and the read the results as there being nothing apparently wrong (plantar fasciitis in normal limits) and that they were probably just still bruised. 

I spent the next few weeks icing since I thought that would help the bruise. But still no relief. I went back to the podiatrist a few days ago and he took another ultrasound and said my plantar fascia still looked inflamed and that the pain is due to plantar fasciitis. 

But wouldn't this have shown in the MRI? Im not sure who to believe. The pain has definitely gotten better from the initial impact injury but has still not gone away in either heel. Somedays one hurts worse than the other, but it switches from day to day. Not sure what to do...would love to be all better by the time spring season starts at the end of March. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.