Chronic prostatitis

Posted , 27 users are following.

chronic prostatitis difficult to live with. Am not thinking stright with this disease any longer. Had a miserable day today. Don't know if I want to live any longer. Does anyone else have these feelings?

0 likes, 57 replies

57 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Steven, They are saying my Prostatitis is down to infection.  My urologist says he would never remove a Prostate unless it contained Cancer.  What I cannot find out is what are the risks of removing the Prostate as just doing a TURP has given me Incontinence & E/D so what other risks are there and I cannot find out.  He has told me a further resection will likely make my Incontinence worse for a while.

David

• Posted

I will never have another resection done. I would rather have the prostate out instead. Why leave the prostate in if it's going to cause you more infection. Don't you think it would be better if they would just take it out and not put you through any more greif, Dave. I wouldn't let this Dr. touch you. He sounds like he doesn't know what he's talking about. Prostatitiis IS an infection.I would think that having another resection would only make it worse again. Think about it first. This Dr. seems like he doesn't want to give you any answers. FIND one who will give you answers. Please my friend,

Steve

• Posted

Steven, Thanks for your kind words. It is advice being given by the Professor in Edinburgh who will not take out a healthy Prostate and a Consultant in Perth.  There is another thread on here discussing the possibilities of putting a stent in past the Prostate which sounds feasible.   The one thing I cannot find is when the Prostate is removed in total what are the worst side effects that could happen, I know of E/D and Incontinence, but what else. Appreciate any comments on that.

Still to have discussions face to face so no decision made by me yet.

David

• Posted

I think the problem is if you have the Prostatitis, you don't have a healthy prostate anyhow. You already have the ED and incontinence, Dave so maybe removal might at least take the discomfort away. Another turp is not going to solve the problem. Get other opinions. i would look into other options.

Steve 

• Posted

On the short term I rather like the suggestion on another thread of having a stent initially, as that would confirm if it is the Prostate.  What I cannot find out is what are "all" the possible side effects of Prostate removal, as nobody seems to list them.

• Posted

Just an update, the Prostate will be taken out in approx 9 weeks by Da Vinci Robotic surgery, as the only other option was another TURP which I refused. Advised that I will likely have Incontinence back, but have sorted it once, so know what to do again. E/D is still with me now, so no difference.  They are only agreeing to remove my Prostate as Cancer is there. No other major risks and Surgeon has now removed 1830+ Prostates with only 1 bad one due to other problems. Advised Prostatitis will be gone and urine infections should be removed. Got to go for it.  Knew knee to be done before it as well so should be running round like a Spring lamb soon !!.

David

• Posted

Steven, I hope this prostrate problem has been resolved. I too suffer from this problem and came across this forum  since I am taking the same antibiotic you mentioned you were taking. I have had in the past taken many antibiotics and have had this condition since my mid 20s. I am not 62. Since the prostrate is hard to medicate orally, in some cases doctors will inject the antibiotic directly into a badly infected prostrate. This gives a full dose directly into the source of the problem and by passing the digestive symptom. I thought I would mention this to you in case you still suffer from this problem. Good luck.
  • Posted

Yes, change your diet and cut out spices, wheat caffeine and alcohol. also exercise lightly and do stretches that are for prostitiis, no kegels . It will eventually go away and you will feel better.
  • Posted

Of course you want to live longer, Steve! Most men recover from this, just google "prostatitis success stories" to see what I mean.

Keep the faith!

• Posted

Hi!

I have a question.

I'm 18 years old (no sexual contact) who had OR still have Prostatitis I don't know.. that's why I'm asking here if someone know.

My prostate size and bladder are okay, no bacteria.(I had bacteria Enterococcus faecalis)

The symptom I still have is pain in testicales (only this symptom). 

Is there something like redusual symptomes after you cured Prostatitis and with the time they will gone?? 

I read that in one forum, when you cured prostatits you may have redusual symptomes about 2-3 months or longer, because the prostate was irritated. Is that possible ? 

Please, let me know if you guys know something about that.

Thanks!

• Posted

Yes, i will do have the same thing , for 5 years and try not to tell people about it.i will not do any surgery , im taking the minimum dose of antibiotic for long period , exercise , too much water,thats all i can do deal with it never give up .
  • Posted

Hello to all.Have been suffering form prostatis symptoms for the past month or so so can really sympathise with anyone feeling the same.Due to my faith/outlook on life i refused to take antiobiotics or advice from my gp who i have seen once in ten years so have had to rely on gathering info online and listening to others personal stories.I think i have found something which could virtually cure many cases of prostatis but i would like to state that i never had the urinary problems many have had or have,i only have had the excruciating pain and uncomfortable feeling and also ED symptoms.I am very careful when taking any form of natural medication/supplement but after lots of research i settled on taking saw palmetto and quercetin containing bromelain.These combined with 3 cups of green tea and lots of fresh fruit/veg every day have worked wonders for me.
  • Posted

Hi everyone,

I have the following symptoms since quite a while:

• sperm with yelly lumps, yellowish and spaguetti-like.
    • I eyaculate but some of it stays in the uretra and then I must push it myself
    • weaker erection
    • loss of sexual apettite
    • wake up at night to pee
    • poor sleep / sleep apnea
    • unclear urine with strong unpleasant smell

Because of this I got a big drop in life quality.

I had it since 3-4 years. I went to many doctors: so far no infections, no STD, my bladder seems fine...

I went through all sorts of theories, I drunk a lot of water, stopped eating gluten and dairy, did more exercise, stopped eating salt...so far no clear conclusions.

Some of the listed effects may be the cause of the problem. And some may be the consequence. Difficult to find the root of the problem.

Here my latest theory:

I also suffer from hemorroids, but its mild and never gave much importance to it.

Now Im starting to think that hemorroids are the root of the problem.

1. Hemorroids create prostatitis
    2. Prostatitis changes the sperm to jelly
    3. Prostatitis affects bladder and makes me wake up at night to pee
    4. That couses sleep problems
    5. When sleep problems are there for a long time, everything goes wrong: heart, kidneys, sexual appetite.

I can yet confirm this is the reason, but it sounds pretty logical to me. I will try treating hemorroids and see if I have overall improvement.

Do any of you have hemorroids?

• Posted

I have had hemorroids before but they go away after 5 to 7 days. They haven't acted up with this BPH/CPPS I'm having now. The tie in is that pelvic floor dysfunction with urinary issues often presents with IBS or sluggish bowels. I would see it like this:

prostatitis causes problem (mild or aggressive)

microbe eradicated or controlled but pelvic floor issues remain

focus on pelvic floor or aggravation cause constipation to become evident which flares a hemorroid - you start associating hemorroid to prostatitis

frequency, urgency and nocturia = sleep problems

sleep problems cause other problems including continued CPPS from stress

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.