Chronic Prostatitis would removing Prostate cure.

Posted , 12 users are following.

Having had Chronic Prostatitis for 2.5 years with continual urine infections and constant pain in Prostate, Penis and Testicles and numerous A/B , plus had a TURP which lead me to E/D and Incontinence, would it be better to be rid of the Prostate or what other risks would exist ?.   Going through 28 days of Intravenous A/B attending hospital daily just now, and arms now aching on 4th day. Drs say they would not remove a Prostate unless it is bad with Cancer, and can't find out why.

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I've had similar problems to you had prostatitis and was peeing about 12- 14 times a day eventually had green laser surgery and a year incision in my bladder I am now like yourself practically incontinent still bleeding and still getting prostatitis..It has now been suggested that I have botox injected into my bladder I am not going to do this so soon after surgery I want a second opinion.I am going to try and have the whole prostate removed as I think like you that is the only way I will get any relief.I hope this helps you are not alone.

• Posted

Sorry that your having problems...Holep or Simple Open Supra Prostatectamy which removes only the center adenoma..but keeps the ducts, viens, blood vessels an outer sac intact may be an option. Please google ...Reoperation rates on both are very rare less than 3 percent after 10 years..but SOSP is more involved.

Good luck and God Bless

• Posted

i my self have been dealing with chronic baterial prostatitis for 2.5 years , i have

?seen three urologist's and i still have pain all the time .

?about all i have left to try is going to the mayo clinic in arizona to look into

?holep surgery . there is also a doctor who will remove the prostate for prostatitis .

?krongrad institute 20900 ne 30th ave aventura FL. 33180 PH 305-936-0474

?                                                                                                           griff

• Posted

Yep once you have prostatitis there is no cure and no good days ahead. Not one person on here or anywhere I met that had true chronic prostatitis ever has anything positice. And that's reality. I'm doing physical therapy lovely when a person shoves there finger in there and stretches it out and makes you do keagles. You should at least try it it's my last resort.

• Posted

Supertractorman, how is your iv treatment going,  are you doing this in the us ?
    • Posted

Hi Greg,  I am in the UK so it is under the NHS. Had a bad day yesterday, Prostate, testacles and Penis very sore, part of the problem is my foreskin is welded to the shaft and is very painful if I move it. Certainly no sign of A/B kicking in yesterday. Today in general terms I feel better as had a great nights sleep from 11pm to 6.30 am, so feeling much brighter, but no signs of pain going yet. The needle in my arm is settling down now, but my body always tries to reject catheters etc  and this long term needle with plastic is much the same. Will keep you posted.
  • Posted

Eli, Have sent you PM. Thanks all for replies, and I am now going to press for removal as I think that is the only way. Don't want any more IV antibiotics and got another catheter in now as Prostate got so big that I cannot even get a flexible self cath in.  Great to here others have had it removed and it has helped.

David

• Posted

Hello Supertractorman,

I am a new member (from France).

I'm a chronic prostatitis suffer ("non bacterial"wink since 2012.

I've recently been in Athens (Greece) for 6 weeks therapy.

Greek labo found 2 bacterias (staphylococcus aureus and enterococcus faecalis) but massages + antibiotics ("Augmentin"wink didn't work for me.

Today i feel very bad and i am work off (depression).

I'm considering prostate removal as last resort.

But I need more information because it's very serious decision.

Could you please tell me about your CP challenging ?

Michael

• Posted

Michael, Had my Prostate removed on 1 May 2018 and had a few problems with infections causing sweats etc since, but wonder if some bacterias got disturbed in the removal.  Cancer has gone according to PSA test. Major problem with Incontinence that I pass water so quick and unknown at the start that it floods off pads down my leg. They currently have me on sheath catheters and I can blow them off too. Night time I get up 2 or 3 times and can get to loo before passing water which is good. Am told to be patient it will take 12 months. Surgeon did not circumsize me as he believes infections with Prostatitis will have gone in the Prostate removal ( inclined to agree, but just wonder what may have come out in its removal).

Will have to wait 12 months to see progress, but don't think enough is known by Drs about Prostatitis.

David

• Posted

Hang on in there Man !

I know it's very difficult.

I didn't understand well about your story ?

Did you do prostate surgery for cancer or for chronic prostatitis ?

If you want to have a talk with me, it's okay for me.

I wish you good luck for recovery.

Mike

• Posted

Michael,  It was removed because of the Prostatitis and urine infections for 6 years plus they wanted to do another TURP as Prostate had grown back again stopping urine flow. I self cathed until I could not get one in, and the District Nurses could not get a catheter in even when replacing a blocked one. Only reason Surgeon agreed to remove was because I had Cancer in it and he said he would not remove a Prostate unless that was there.

Glad I did it but Incontinence is major just now and I have so much pressure there when water comes down. Just can't find right things to use to control wetting trousers  etc yet, but will get there.

david

• Posted

Good morning Tractor, all of us with terrible affliction have thought the same thing you are thinking about doing.  And the worst part is most Docs do not take it seriously at all. And the sad part is even most urologists do not have a clue how debilitating it is, and how it changes your life. I am lucky I have a good Doc, and he lets me decide what type of, and how long I need to take antibiotics. But even when its in "remission" I can not ride a motorcycle,a bike, or even go horse back riding. Because you know as soon as you do something like that its just days until the pain starts.

With all that being said....have you been following the discussion on this forum "going with FLA"? If you have not read about this new procedure before you have it completely removed. I have talked to the DOC several times personally about the prostatitis issue, and he is VERY open minded about being able to help. I am going to have mine done in mid October. The Doc called me last week to discuss it once again,and he is reading up on the possibility of actually injecting the antibiotic directly into the prostate itself, after he finishes with the FLA procedure. Plus he says that the laser itself will destroy whatever infection it touches. And on top of that he has agreed to remove as much of the interior tissue as possible, without affecting the functionality. I am also going to have my infection DNA tested prior to the procedure, so DR K will know the exact antibiotic to be used,This guy truly is cutting edge, and really wants to help. This may be as close as we can find to an actual cure, the science behind it sure seems sound.

SO hold off and let him try it on me before you do something you cant undo.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Joe

• Posted

Joe,  Thank you for that information and I presume you are in USA where there seems to be more treatment options than our NHS which seems to concentrate on TURP. I doubt whether they would give me laser treatment as I was told I could not have even Radiotherapy a few years ago when Cancer was detected due to previous Bowel problems which have weakened the bowel wall. I actually think there are now a large number of people having the same debate as myself and no person or organisation is able to give guidelines as to what to do.  I hope all goes well for you and will be interested in the outcome and I will speak with my Consultant about the injecting of A/B into the Prostate.

David

• Posted

Hi joe I am interested to know outcome of your treatment. Kindly give ur contact details.

• Posted

Hello Joe,

i'm a prostatitis suffer since 2012.

What is your condition now ?

How do you feel ?

Did you undergo some surgery for prostatitis ?

I'm from France.

Thanks for your reply.

Mike

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.