Chronic Prostatitis would removing Prostate cure.

Posted , 12 users are following.

Having had Chronic Prostatitis for 2.5 years with continual urine infections and constant pain in Prostate, Penis and Testicles and numerous A/B , plus had a TURP which lead me to E/D and Incontinence, would it be better to be rid of the Prostate or what other risks would exist ?.   Going through 28 days of Intravenous A/B attending hospital daily just now, and arms now aching on 4th day. Drs say they would not remove a Prostate unless it is bad with Cancer, and can't find out why.

0 likes, 18 replies

Report / Delete

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I've had similar problems to you had prostatitis and was peeing about 12- 14 times a day eventually had green laser surgery and a year incision in my bladder I am now like yourself practically incontinent still bleeding and still getting prostatitis..It has now been suggested that I have botox injected into my bladder I am not going to do this so soon after surgery I want a second opinion.I am going to try and have the whole prostate removed as I think like you that is the only way I will get any relief.I hope this helps you are not alone.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Sorry that your having problems...Holep or Simple Open Supra Prostatectamy which removes only the center adenoma..but keeps the ducts, viens, blood vessels an outer sac intact may be an option. Please google ...Reoperation rates on both are very rare less than 3 percent after 10 years..but SOSP is more involved.

Good luck and God Bless

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

i my self have been dealing with chronic baterial prostatitis for 2.5 years , i have

?seen three urologist's and i still have pain all the time .

?about all i have left to try is going to the mayo clinic in arizona to look into

?holep surgery . there is also a doctor who will remove the prostate for prostatitis .

?krongrad institute 20900 ne 30th ave aventura FL. 33180 PH 305-936-0474

?                                                                                                           griff

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Yep once you have prostatitis there is no cure and no good days ahead. Not one person on here or anywhere I met that had true chronic prostatitis ever has anything positice. And that's reality. I'm doing physical therapy lovely when a person shoves there finger in there and stretches it out and makes you do keagles. You should at least try it it's my last resort.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Supertractorman, how is your iv treatment going,  are you doing this in the us ?
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi Greg,  I am in the UK so it is under the NHS. Had a bad day yesterday, Prostate, testacles and Penis very sore, part of the problem is my foreskin is welded to the shaft and is very painful if I move it. Certainly no sign of A/B kicking in yesterday. Today in general terms I feel better as had a great nights sleep from 11pm to 6.30 am, so feeling much brighter, but no signs of pain going yet. The needle in my arm is settling down now, but my body always tries to reject catheters etc  and this long term needle with plastic is much the same. Will keep you posted.
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up