CHRONIC RECURRING BV CURED OCTOBER 2018 - YOU DO NOT HAVE TO LIVE WITH BV.

Posted , 17 users are following.

Hi,

Long post but please read as it will help you. I have finally cured my awful chronic BV that I had been living with for around 7 years and NOTHING previously worked. I had tried it all from boric acid suppositories, tea tree oil suppositories, changing my diet completely, not drinking alcohol or having any sugar, apple cider vinegar soaks, probiotics.. you name it I have tried it. I was on my last straw with it all and I thankfully came across a website with loads of info regarding vaginal infections etc. 

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO LIVE WITH BV. 

After much research I found out that the vagina develops something called a biofilm which will basically prevent any infections you have or bad bacteria to ever really die and be gone for good. Once I found this out everything made so much more sense, of course none of the previous remedies worked because they are said to just cure an infection not the root of an infection.

GENTIAN VIOLET is what you need and want to kill the biofilm and that will also kill the infection. It is a purple dye which you dilute with water and put on a tampon and you keep the tampon in for around 4-6 hours once a day for 10 days. Yes it's messy and time consuming but I say its worth it if you can live like a normal woman again just after 10 days. It does stain so please be very careful, you may come across things online that say it's not safe to use however mothers use it on their new borns for oral thrush and they also put it on their nipples. If it's safe enough to put in a new borns mouth its safe enough for me. Also years ago before antibiotics were a thing, doctors and gynaecologists used it as it has the same killing properties as antibiotics. I believe some gynaecologists still use it as their last resort if antibiotics don't work. 

I first tried this in August 2018 and it is now October 2018 so I have obviously had a period to be sure it won't come back after I menstruate, and I can say it still hasn't come back. I was one of those people that had tried everything and was reading articles on forums that promised my BV would be cured but believe me this is it. 

If you have any questions feel free to ask me I want to help any other woman going through this as I have lived with it for 7+ years and I started to believe I was going to have to just 'live' with it. BV is an infection which isn't normal hence why you shouldn't have to change your diet or have a different lifestyle to the average woman. 

Thanks, I'm here to answer any questions you may have!

3 likes, 31 replies

31 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I agree but just wanted to make women aware that it could be their sex toys because most women wouldnt think that would be the cause. 
  • Posted

I have had Bv ever since me and my current bf got together 4 years ago. i have tried everything to cure this monster issue. i also get very bad body odor down there because of this! i hust ordered the geltain and ill get back to you in 2 weeks!!

• Posted

I so glad you are cured and thank you for sharing this info! would you be willing to PM me with the name of the website you mentioned? I want to read through all of the recommendations. It sounds amazing.

• Posted

So I am on my 5th day and have seen a difference but just curious if you can give an update on yourself. Are you still bv free? I notice that you mentioned you did it for 10 days and I have read online where they suggest 12 days and some say do it twice a day.

• Posted

Hi,

I would say its entirely up to you how often you do it and for how long. I know you can do it for up to 14 days so if you would like to do it for 12 thats fine. I wouldn't do it twice a day as it does dry you out. I am not a doctor or health care professional so I am only going by what I personally think. I believe I am still BV free, sometimes I get an odor but that tends to be when I am due on my period so I am putting that down to my hormones as womens odors do generally change around this time regardless of having BV or not.

• Posted

Just want to say THANK YOU for sharing your experience!!! I have been bv free for a month now with a period in between as well as having sex.

• Posted

I am so happy for you! No problem at all I am glad to have helped 😃 It is honestly the only thing that has ever worked for me!

• Posted

i have tried this method a few times and i have no luck and get bv back i feel like im at a dead end

• Posted

How long did you do it for? Also did you add the correct amounts? It is also worth doing it straight after a period so your hormones don't play a part as sometimes when our periods are due our odors change

• Posted

I'm in the same boat. I'm only 22 and I've had it a year. The whole time I have ACTIVELY been trying to get rid of it. My doctor just wrote me another prescription. I even had a pelvic and intervaginal ultrasound done. I think I am going to try the antibiotic cream and follow immediately with gentian violet. I've been looking into getting a PCR test done. Main problem I think for me was I was going through so many cycles of antibiotics because of a tonsil infection and then a toe infection. Must have built an immunity. I will probably try a pessary on the same website they just posted. I would kill to have my vagina back so I could have a healthy sex life.

• Posted

Hey could i use gentian violet on while on my period?

• Posted

Hi,

No it is advised to start treatment as soon as your period finishes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.