Chronic Vaginal E Coli infections

Posted , 75 users are following.

Hi everyone,

So the last few times I was treated for BV (in the summer of 2014), it turns out once the cultures came back, that I had E Coli and not Gardnerella. It is chronic and goes away with antiboitoics, but comes back right away a few days after the antibiotics are through, especially after a period. I am taking 50 Billion probiotics, using apple cider vinegar down there to restore pH, etc. I have no new sex partners, have been married for 10 years, and he was tested and does not have E Coli. Has anyone strugged with E Coli infections? My doctor says that E Coli is another bacteria that is present everywhre, and when your pH in the vagina is off, it cannot fight off the normal bacteria and they flourish. All of my bloodwork has come back fine, except I just found out I have the beginning stages of cervical cancer. The doctor thinks this is all related, but I wanted to see if anyone else had experienced this. It's miserable and I'm tired of having infections. If you have any insight or experience to share, please do! Thank you! smile

0 likes, 143 replies

143 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Marie 

oh bless you hun..

i only know that E Coli can be spread to the vagina fom the rectum, by not wiping the right way after emptying the bowel .. 

Some infections may be caused as some females wipe the wrong way contaminating the vaginal area, instead of wiping away fom the vaginal area..

E. coli which is a normal inhabitant of the rectum can cause bacterial vaginitis if it is spread to the vaginal area.

Other factors which may contribute include hot weather poor health poor hygiene use of an intrauterine device (IUD) for birth control and routine douching.

may not be in your case .. Do the doctors know or how you may have this happening 

big hugs 

jay xx

• Posted

None of those is the case for me. I have always (since a young child) wiped from front to back, have very good hygiene and habits, etc. I have never douched- not even once. And no IUD. So they are baffled. 

They have no idea. Think it relates to the cervical cancer somehow with hormone imbalances and my body fighting the cancer cells and the pH being off vaginally. 

• Posted

Very frustrating. I'm in my early 30's and until 1 year ago this February, had never had even one issue with my sexual health. Ever. sad Very frustrating. Thank you!
    • Posted

Hi Marie 

i really feel for you .. 

Its bad enough when thrush hits or BV ..

big hugs 

jay x

• Posted

I am suffering from e-coli too and sepnt lots of money on doctors with no benifit. They only prescribe you with more antibiotics. What helped me is Castor Oil mixed with Tee Trea oil .so make a mixture in one clean small cream glass continer. Mix equal quantities and apply at night well inside vagina and outside. Moring wash again with warm water only and apply again and use cotton underwear and in 10 days you will see a lot of difference, continue using for months to clear the problem.

It helped me , hope it will work for you as well.

• Posted

Hi rodica ve been battling with e-coli and I used this drugs n it vanished no more smells. CIPROTAB-TN tablet made of ciprofloxacin & Tinidazole table and a viginal inserting tab called gynocare viginal ovules made from Neomycin sulfate, polymyxin B sulfate and Nystatin.

Now my viginal smell and feels refreshed.

• Posted

Hello there!

I have the same ecoli problem and I was wondering how did it work for you!Am currently desperate for any help!

• Posted

I have been having ongoing problems for 1.5 years now. My cultures just came back with ecoli as well.

I am currently taking keflex, inserting probiotic, and taking d-mannose. Waiting to hear what it is sensitive to. It's all vaginal not uti. My symptons are mostly burning and irritation.., like I have been wearing tight jeans without underwear all day or something at times the feeling goes up my rear end and I get pins,needles, & burning in my thighs, mostly on the back side when the inflammation is very bad. Sex is not pleasant and my skin is post for a few days after. I took ampicillin and used a steroid cream for a week and it was actually gone for a month.

What has anyone else done here lately that may have worked. I have never had problems before this. It is definitely effecting my life

• Posted

Hi Marie, I can see you wrote this 3 years ago and I am in the same situation as you were. I had never had nothing with my vagina, no infection at all but now - for 11 months I am suffering from this bacteria and I am atibiotic resistant. Nothing is helping me at all. From vaginal issues came to the uretal too. Very frustrating and depressive as I am 32 years old with no partner... did you find any solution...? Thank you. Jana
    • Posted

Hi, I have exactly the same problem as you. I am 32 years old and I have never had any problem. I am suffering from this already 11 months and NOTHING help sad. Did you find anything what it can help? 

I have the same symptons as you - every day burning and irritation, cannot wear anything tigh because I cannot walk...all of my underwear is irritating too. it is so DEPRESSIVE. I spent a lot of money to even find alternative way - tried wobenzym, homeopatic and tradicional chinese medicine. I take a lot of herbs and vitamins too but nothing helps me yet....

• Posted

i am a man not a woman however what i find to be effective is flagyl, of course i cannot make any recommendations as i am not a doctor, however flagyl taken 2 times a day for 7 days at 200milligrams twice a day for a total of 400 milligrams a day seems to take care of it, DO NOT DRINK ANY ALCOHOL AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!

NOT EVEN COUGH SYRUP AS THERE ARE SLIGHT TRACES OF ALCOHOL FOR THE FULL LENGTH OF TIME PLUS 3 MORE DAYS EVEN AFTER YOU FINISH THE FLAGYL.

AGAIN THIS IS NOT A RECOMMENDATION JUST SOMETHING THAT WORKED FOR ME, CONSULT A DOCTOR, I WOULD EVEN SUGGEST SEEING A UROLOGIST.

GOOD LUCK,

MARC 

• Posted

I have been suffering the same way u have, I kept on researching and came upon the tea tree oil/ oregano oil/ & coconut oil ..all equal parts.. made in an ice tray those rectangler shape .. Inserted at night every other night for 7 applications... let me know how it work

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.