CIA'S RESULTS...BLOOD CLOT. jUST ONE MORE THING TO DEAL WITH.

Posted , 7 users are following.

I went to CT scan. Very nice tech there. Then I went home. Within a half hour I got a call from urgent to come there immediately, as I have a blood clot. Portal vein thrombosis. I was there for a couple of hours while they rechecked everything with yet another blood test.

Sooooo, I got to inject myself in the stomach, which I will have to do for awhile, then change to pills later. The shots are to thin my blood. The doctor explained every single thing that was going on, and would go on. This may be my biggest challenge yet, but by God...I'm not done yet. The havarti for the cirrhosis has to wait, yet again.

The clot has to do with the huge stomach bloat. After the second time my doctor fluffed it off, I got serious. The third visit I told him I was not leaving the building until he took my growing stomach seriously.....he examined it very closely, and immediately scheduled the CT scan.

This could get worse before it gets better...if it gets better. I feel sure I am in good hands between my doctor and the urgent care doctor who told me she was available to me at any time, for anything.

They were going to show me how to give myself the shots, but I asked to be coached instead. I told her if I couldn't do it there I wouldn't be able to do the two shots a day at home, so I did it. Hooray for me, I wasn't positive I could.

My next follow up will be on Wednesday with my regular doctor who was off today, but when the lab called him, he told them to get me in right now, into urgent care. So he, of course, knows everything, and they followed his instructions today.

Well that's the saga of my day. whew! I left there and took myself right to Burger King for a hamburger and frieslol....something I haven't done since the anxiety started.

I am posting this because so many people asked me to keep them up on what is going on. Some of you are close friends by now, and others are new friends. I hope you all understand why I didn't want to write all this again. It would have worn my skinny butt out. I need a nap now. Love to all, Cia

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Well done cia

I went through a period of tummy injections It was not to bad 

You know where we are and good luck with your treatment

BOB

• Posted

It was way easier than I had thought. I knew if I didn't do it that first time I never would. Sooooo, I did it....and I was so proud of myself, dear Bob. biggrin

• Posted

And we're all so proud of you and don't you ever forget it girl smile

• Posted

You sound upbeat, and taking it all in stride.  As long as our anxiety is in check,we can deal with life's ups and downs. This to shall pass. Glad you treated yourself today.

• Posted

TO EVERYBODY...

Just got home last night from hospital. I was there for eight days. It's all very confusing. No one seems to know exactly what's going on....they will figure it out.

I will take it one day at a time, but you may not see me here for awhile....I am exhausted, and worn out. When I get my energy back, I will be here....my usual mouthy self, but for now, it's me and my sofa.

Love and blessings to all. Let's all hang in there!!!!!

• Posted

Missed you! Love you!

There has been a huge great gaping hole in the Forum because of your abscence

Look after yourself dearest.

Helen xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.