Cipramil 20mg for depression - HELP

Posted , 8 users are following.

Im a 23 yr old female who just yesterday decided i needed to do something about my depression/anxiety/anger issues before i hurt myself or someone around me. (It was mainly my partner and mother that decided it was time to take action...)

My doctor has asked me to take Cipramil 20mg a day.. Ive been on the net for hours researching and at the moment the negative comments about it are far outweighing the positive. 

Alot of people saying weight gain and short temper is common?! Complete loss of sex drive?

Can anyone (Especially females) let me know how they went on this drug? Side effects wise. And how long it took for you to notice a difference in your mood.

In desperate need of something that will just effing work.

Please and thankyou

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello! I am a 25 year old female who has been on this for 10 weeks. Personally I have lost a stone and a half, and have a higher sex drive! I am on this for the same reasons however this was a lot to do with being overweight. Everyone is different though so just see how it works for you x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.