Ciprofloxacin 500mg

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have to fill out some papers, and there are this question:

Do you take any anti-inflammatory medications?..

I take Ciprofloxacin 5 mg twice daily.

Does anyone know if "Ciprofloxacin" is an anti-inflammatory medication ?.

Thanks in advance. Hope to get an answer.

Have a good day.

<3 Kind regards, Nick.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Sorry, I mean I take Ciprofloxacin 500 mg twice daily.

• Posted

I took Cipro for a bacteria over growth be careful that drug caused me severe tendon pain and neuropathy of my feet

I was unable to walk for over three months with out help from my husband. In my opinion it causes inflammation.

• Posted

My new Doctor put me on LDN ( low dose Naltrexone ) to treat the damage of Cipro
  • Posted

Hi Nick,

I have no idea why you're taking Cipro twice daily but, like Barbiequed says, I suggest you stop taking them now as they can be very damaging.  Some people can take quite a lot before they get any problems but many get joint and muscle aches and severe pains plus gut problems and headaches - it's serious stuff.  Serious because the affects don't stop when you stop taking them - and often get worse before they start to get better - look at other threads on this topic, or click on this one:

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/fluoroquinolone-toxicity-syndrome-427305

To answer your question, it's not a NSAID, it's a very powerful antibiotic from the Quinolone Class, and all the Quinolones can have these damaging adverse reactions.  A NSAID is a non-steroidal anti-imflammatory drug such as Ibuprofen.  Interestingly, you should never take a NSAID or steroids when you are taking a Quinolone, as they can exacerbate the effects!

• Posted

Thanks!.

One more question.

I read this.

Preoperative instructions for your upcoming procedure:

Stop taking all aspirin & aspirin-containing products 10 days before surgery, (Bayer, baby aspirin, Excedrin, Anacin…..) , this includes all anti-inflammatory medications NSAID's (ibuprofen, Advil, naproxen, Aleve, Motrin, etc)….all of these products can cause blood thinning an increased risk for bleeding. If you need to take something for pain, you can take ONLY plain Tylenol for 10 days before your surgery. 

So my question is - Can I keep taking my Tramadol 50 mg 3 times daily ?.

I will appreciate your response.

Thank you. <3 

• Posted

- Is Tramadol a "blood thining" product ? . I dont understand why they say ONLY Tylenol.

Have a good day, and thanks again !.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.