Circuit Training for knees

Posted , 11 users are following.

i have just been to my first class of four , circuit training for new knees. Was really worried but needn't have. 10 positions three minutes each, from sitting and standing, leg raises with weights, balancing on one leg, cycling, walking backwards and sideways with squats and more . Physio said she was impressed. Yay , feel good, celebrating with a nice cold cider in the garden ( UK !) Walked three miles this morning. Ten weeks on Monday , getting there! Booked holiday for September, easy walks + Wine  and Tapas in Northern Spain. For all of those people who are just starting on the journey, stay positive. 

2 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Next
  • Posted

That sounds fantastic, the holiday I mean.

The circuit training sounds great too, good to try something a bit different to keep you motivated.

• Posted

Yes better to be in a group and get encouragement from other people as well. Glad the hospital run these, very positive! 
  • Posted

I think a positive mental attitude can get you through so much. Also the joy of life can overcome so many difficulties.
    • Posted

Absolutely!!! My motto, Dream as if you will live forever, live as if you only have today! 
    • Posted

Love it Joy! I like the line that goes"I complained I had no shoes and then I met a man who had no feet!"
  • Posted

That sounds great. Not heard of circuit training for new knees. Was that something recommended to you through the hospital?
    • Posted

Hi yes the hospital physio dept run it, good idea I thought. They also did a joint school before our ops to explain everything, showed us a new knee and answered questions. People there who had already had one new knee and going in for a second so got the truth! 
  • Posted

fantástico!  Me alegro mucho!  Enough Spanish!  The holiday in Spain sounds like great fun, and by then you'll be up to any sort of walking I should think.  the 'circuit training' sounds a very good idea. . i wish there were something similar over here!
    • Posted

Hope so, there was a review of the holiday by a guy who had a new knee and did not think he could manage a full on walking holiday and found that one quite manageable .  The longest walk is 10 kilometres so hope I will be up to that by September!  

¡Me encanta caminar! At New Year I will do three days walking in  Andalucia , easy but 12 to 15 kilometres a day , uneven terrain though. Better with a new knee than dodgy old one? 

• Posted

Hi Joy,

Jo soy el mismo yo tambien en Andalucia.

Anyway you sound to be doing terrific, the circuit training sounds really good, but same as in Tenerife we don;t have it here, which is a pity.

I am 7 months after op now, doing ok , my legs are very strong & I walk really good, bend lets me down a bit, probably only about 120 yet, but still working on it.I now can manage to climb up ladders now(to clean my windows)

Lynn

• Posted

Where in Andalucia? Just been for a walk again with the dog, such a beautiful day. Did the same walk yesterday, bit more of a struggle today, but that was the weather I think, quite warm. So will get the ice pack on and have a rest. Yes more circuit training on Thursday, the physios will probably try to push me a bit this week, shouldn't have done so well the first time!! 
    • Posted

Hi Joy,

We live up in the mountains, about 15 mins from Mijas , 20 mins from Marbella & roughly 30 mins from Malaga, pretty good position really & there are some lovely walks.

Hope you enjoy your walking when you come.

Lynn)

• Posted

Lynn

Lovely, I go walking with a small company based in Torrox Pueblo. Assuming I am OK in September and New Year, I shall be planning more for 2016. I want to see the Mijas area too and Ronda. More circuit training tomorrow afternoon, expecting to work harder this time. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.