Citalopram 10mg second time... 2 weeks in today. Side affects query..

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi

I have recently decided after battling with crippling anxiety again which started at the beginning of this lockdown that I should go back on citalopram. Anyway, took my 14th tablet today. Initially I had started to feel better, but the past 48 hours have been rough. Waking alot, achey, nauseated and I'm just so tired and feeling super low. Coping, but only just.

Home schooling has been put on hold that's for sure. I can't remember it being this hard before. I was on the same dose of cit just over a year ago for around 18 months. Came off absolutely fine.

I mean it may have been different back then as my anxiety was very new and extremely bad back then, so bad days were just as severe as these side effects. What's everyone's experiences on the first few weeks? Also if you've gone back onto antidepressants or upped your dose in the past l, how was it for you.

Thank you for any advice in advance. I appreciate so much anyone taking the time to reply.

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Edited

Ya i hear ya girl, single mom myself. It's a stressful world out there right now. I recently went from 10mg to 20mg which i never had to before but I recently started waking up in the middle of the night with a full blown panic attack which really sucked. I was worried too about increasing the dose because of the awful side affects but I am almost done week 1 and had no more panic attacks and no crazy side effects either (except being tired). I think its easier to increase the dose if you have been on it for awhile. Anyway, hope it kicks in soon for you. Make sure to take time for yourself, that's important. I love taking long showers and baths with essential oils, its helps calm me. Good luck!

• Posted

Today has been better. I still. Woke super tired and have been a bit restless and nauseated today, but it seems to have eased up somewhat. I hope that's it now then because that was a very very tough week of just constant intense side effects. I doubt the full energy and sleep will completely improve or my appetite come back just yet, but I'm thankful that I could enjoy some of my day today.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.