Citalopram 4.5 weeks in

Posted , 6 users are following.

hi, this is my 2nd time taking citalopram. I've been on 10mg for about 4.5 weeks now. the past couple days have been more upbeat for me. however, tonight I got this heavy headache and my body is getting fatigued. mood is getting a bit down. is that supposed to happen? I've been a bit up and down for the past 3 weeks so hoping the meds will amp up in the next week or so.

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

hi william,

it took me 7-8 months to recover. i had a horrific time from day 2 through the 4 th month. then it was a roller coaster ride. i kept a journal which helped alot and still i refer back to it. i strongly feel the cit has helped with body pains since ive been on it the past 9 months.

Will

• Posted

hi will,

thanks for your feedback. i know citalopram takes time, and it changed me for the better last I took it. my anxiety depression stems from homesickness as I was away for a couple months. i am on 10mg for the first couple weeks to start off and adjust to it. i am hopeful as i rest the next couple weeks that it will kick in as well as my appetite and get back to a better me for my next semester in school.

• Posted

hi William,

try to going walking or some kind of physical activity. I would put my headphones on and go for a long walk.

i also cut caffeine out and it helped alot.

will

• Posted

hi will,

yes i cut out caffeine and alcohol. i take my dog out for a walk. walking is nice. my priority right now is to hopefully stay at 10mg and gain 5-10 pounds by mid January. I'm pretty out of shape due to my weight loss so I will be working to get that back in the next couple months.

• Posted

This is all completely normal. Really. I'm on around 14 weeks of 10 mg and yes, still having a little wobble here and there. Anxiety/anxious thoughts still there but the cit is working and I'm not getting dragged down by them. This will also happen for you.

Completely normal to feel you are going backwards in stressful situations. You will be okay, eventually all of this will level out.

• Posted

HI I am week 8, was on 10mg ,1 week 15mg, but I am getting lots of temple pains neck ache, tirdness, plus carnt sleep at night, may drop back down,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.