Citalopram

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi all, Im on my 4th day of medication im on 20mg after suffering from Anxiety/panick attacks. and slight depression. I feel awful, head is all fuzzy, cant concentrate on anything work etc. feel sick sleeping really early but waking up at 4am, so tired. Im self employed so i have to be at work, but im finding it so difficult to concentrate on the smallest of duties, i cant even focus on stuff at home, I feel more unwell now than i did before i went to the GP. I really want to stop taking them because of these affects. But GP as said i can feel like this for a couple weeks. What should i do? take time from work? my customers are asking questions as im not focusing aswell,

0 likes, 42 replies

42 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi need help feeling low today.....
    • Posted

Hang in there John. Some days are bad. On the worst days, talk to people, call samaritans if you need. When im feeling darkest, I can't face food and just want to stay unser douvet and sleep or watch movies. Try eat easy stuff like yoghurt and drink water. Remind yourself this feeling is temporary even though it doesn't feel that way. It WILL improve.
    • Posted

Feeling better today, less anxiety this morning, hoping this will be the start of anxiety free morning.....

How is everyone doing.... Need some reassurance

• Posted

That's great to hear, doing well here the odd dizzy spell but nothing compared to last week, I found keeping myself busy helped!! X
    • Posted

Thats good to hear jason just keep yourself busy... Have also time to relax and deep breath..... Keep me updated,,, xcted to hear good news to everyone here
  • Posted

So I took my 20 mg of cit at 7pm by 9pm I was so panicky and felt so sick, I managed to get a few hrs sleep if not a deep sleep I have been awake since 5 am so gittery and shakey my heart is nearly beating out of my chest my husband goes to work in an ur and I don't want to be in my own, my mind constantly races with awful thoughts, someone please advise this is day 6 of the tablets is this normal, feel I'm going mad
  • Posted

So I took my 20 mg of cit at 7pm by 9pm I was so panicky and felt so sick, I managed to get a few hrs sleep if not a deep sleep I have been awake since 5 am so gittery and shakey my heart is nearly beating out of my chest my husband goes to work in an ur and I don't want to be in my own, my mind constantly races with awful thoughts, someone please advise this is day 6 of the tablets is this normal, feel I'm going mad
  • Posted

Hi Jason, hope you don't mind me asking, but seeing as you are a few days ahead of me I was wondering how you were feeling now? I'm feeling awful and on day 7, I'm desperate for it to work but it seems so long 😞 xxx
    • Posted

Hi Marf I'm in my second week, and feeling so much better!!!! As the GP told me stick with it!!! It will be worth it, your feel weird like your going mad etc but please hang on in there!!! Keep all your appointments with your GP, too!! Your going to be fine, I had bad nights sleep so GP also gave me zopliclone to take at night time but she did stress that cits work better if you take it in the morning!! Xx
    • Posted

Omg I'm so happy for you, I'm desperate but will stick with it for now, thank you sooo much for replying xxx I've swapped to nighttime but hey, can't really think it'll be that different xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.