Citalopram

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi all, Im on my 4th day of medication im on 20mg after suffering from Anxiety/panick attacks. and slight depression. I feel awful, head is all fuzzy, cant concentrate on anything work etc. feel sick sleeping really early but waking up at 4am, so tired. Im self employed so i have to be at work, but im finding it so difficult to concentrate on the smallest of duties, i cant even focus on stuff at home, I feel more unwell now than i did before i went to the GP. I really want to stop taking them because of these affects. But GP as said i can feel like this for a couple weeks. What should i do? take time from work? my customers are asking questions as im not focusing aswell,

0 likes, 42 replies

42 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

You can try cutting the dosage down and then working up to 20. That's what I did and it helped my body adjust a little easier.
    • Posted

Hi. Staci thank you I did this today still feeling fuzzy!! Hope it pasts only on day 4
    • Posted

Hi Vinc, well I'm pleased to say side affects cleared yesterday, still get the odd spaced out feeling about 30 mins after taking the tablet, but am feeling a little more relaxed and I'm only in my first week!!! Hope it stays smile
  • Posted

Hi, following you with interest, I started taking meds on Thursday and feeling soooo awful, you seem to be a few days ahead and feeling better, I'm holding on to the thought!! Are you taking your pills in the morning or at night? xx
    • Posted

Hi marf, mine i take it at night before i sleep, how bout you? You can experiment on which time is ideal for you... Hope you are doing good ,, just hand in there stick with citalopram 2 weeks will be awful side effect but it will be gone soon ..... Keep us updated
    • Posted

Hang on in there, take your pill in the evening if you are on 20mg split the doses up, so you take 1 late afternoon and the other half before bed, a lot of people on here helped me through!!
    • Posted

I only take 10mg, just dont feel good today, thank you jason, i want to stick with this dose because it works for me before...

I hope it will work soon

• Posted

Hi marf, I am on day 6 of taking 20mg and my anxiety is sky high, I feel like something awful is about to happen I don't want to be on my own, I'm a mum of 2 and get awful feeling about what if something happens to me or them, I just keep having awful thoughts, I'm hoping this is a side effect and it will pass soon, I'm thinking sud I cut down to 10mg, I was taking them during the day but it was wiping me out 
    • Posted

I had same feelings. Awful panic. Im on day 14 and cut down from 40 to 20. Feeling a little less anxious but still have the palpatations and feeling like im litteraly being strangled and like i have some huge lump in my throat.

Its annoying the GP wont give diazapam or valium until meds kick in. I know how bad it feels. People say exercise but no way you can when u feel that bad

I've found lying in the bath with glas of wine and sented candles and deep breathing can help a little. Turn off phone and sink into a safe place.

Try and eat. Its so hard but anything irrespective if its good or bad. For me crisps, small snacky things. Anything I can stomache and lots of water.

Just keep reminding yourself you are poorly and its ok and will get better soon.

• Posted

Just swapped to nighttime, it'll be interesting to see what happens 😬 xx
    • Posted

I'm on10 and feeling yuk, maybe cutting down would help. I'm doing nighttime as of now to see if it makes a difference. We are at very similar timings so it'll be interesting to see if we can manage to feel better soon xx good luck xx
    • Posted

thanks, just moved it to evening rather than morning in the hope the side effects are worse when I'm asleep! xxx hope you're still doing well xxx
    • Posted

So I took my 20 mg of cit at 7pm by 9pm I was so panicky and felt so sick, I managed to get a few hrs sleep if not a deep sleep I have been awake since 5 am so gittery and shakey my heart is nearly beating out of my chest my husband goes to work in an ur and I don't want to be in my own, my mind constantly races with awful thoughts, someone please advise this is day 6 of the tablets is this normal, feel I'm going mad
    • Posted

I'm exactly the same 😞 took a diazepam at 5am but now feeling sick, jittery and crying, this is so cruel when you've decided to help yourself by taking them xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.