Citalopram and amitriptyline

Posted , 19 users are following.

Has anyone taken the two tablets together. Does amitriptyline help anxiety. Any advice would be so helpful.

2 likes, 36 replies

36 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi yes I have been take 20mg of each since December of 2016

I have had no complications from doing this

• Posted

Hello. I'm currently taking 75mg of amytriptyline at night. I have took this for around a year to deal with pain. I'm normaly always on antidepressant but as u know this works for both

However I have a gp appointment later in the week because my mood is on my boots - does citipram and amytriptyline work together?

• Posted

Hi Marie,

how did did you get on at the Dr?

I just started Citalpram 10mg to move to 20mg for severe Anxiety next week, I also take 100mg Noritrypline for IBS, the Internet states you can get serotonin syndrome, but usually happens within 2 to 24 after starting new meds or increasing dosage.

A bit worrisome, but see by reading these posts it's fairly common.

Thank you

Rosye

• Posted

Hi everyone. I was on amitryptaline 20mg and 40 mg celebs last year and had no issues. 4 months ago they decided to take me off antidepressants and put me only.on nortryptaline which was all bad. So now I am on day 2 of being back on amitryptaline and celexa. The withdraws from a trycylic are horrific and I am hoping they end soon. Never experienced serotonin syndrome with the 2 meds. I take the celebs in the morning and the amitryptaline at night.
  • Posted

Hi hollie,

i know this was a long time ago u posted. but ive been on amitriptyline for years 10mg and I've just started citalopram 10mg today, im so scared something bad gonna happen taking them together. I have to take citalopram in the morning and my amitriptyline at night. how did u get on? xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.