Citalopram extreme anxiety? Please help

Posted , 7 users are following.

I'm on my fifth day. Started with 20mg and then doc lower to 10mg. But the constant anxiety is still there.

Here is the pattern:

Take pill at 8pm. Woke up at 12 feeling anxious. Then on and off from 1 am till morning. And the constant anxiety, fear, worry, is now making my chest tight had painful. I'm worried if I keep on with the med I might have a heart attack.

Then in the evening feel a bit better. But the whole day I'm constantly battling the anxiety feeling. Even scarring my hands from scratching. I feel like my heart is getting tired from feeling anxious all day.

So my question is, should I keep going or maybe it's not for me? Has anyone had these symptoms on the first few days? Do you take something else to calm the anxiety? I think I'm beginning to have suichdal thoughts cuz I'm so tired and sick of this.

Please help!

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Saliel

I am also on the 5th day ,10mg, as Walter has said you are not alone , just managing to hold it togetherĀ is extremely difficult . I honestly believe that medication is the answer, there is a chemical inbalance in the bainĀ that we have no control over.

• Posted

I feel worse after starting the med than before. Not really sure if it's my own anxiety or it's really from the side effects of the med. But my doc told me today to stop for now and he'll moniter if the effects are from Cit or not.

I guess I'll just have to fight for now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.