Citalopram hot flushes and feel weird

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi , have been on citalopram about 3 weeks , only 5mg it's been awful . I started at 2.5 mg but now upped to 5 over a week ago and I'm having bad anxiety , hot flushes , and just feel like I can't stand being in my own skin ? I keep needing to go outside for fresh air. I feel jittery , my hands shake.

I'm like this all day now it just doesn't improve. From the minute I wake up until bedtime. It's awful. I'm wanting to increase to 10mg but I can't take being on 5 . I've been given beta blockers but took one last night and felt dizzy and off on them

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

i just started taking this medication 10 mg to day its horendous . i dont know of im sensitive to the medication but i have really bad dry mouth, vomitting , nausea and my body is do hot i cant take it ! i only took one dose . they gave it to me for my hot flashes of perimenopausal and i feel so much worse i dont know what to do in tears

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.