Citalopram Increase!

Posted , 11 users are following.

I have had anxiety and panic attacks for the last 6 years I was so bad I didn't drive for 5 years, go out to eat, socialize, or go into a store! A year and a half ago I finally decided to take Citolopram 10mg. I had horriable side effects for 3 months then I finally felt a little better I have been driving for a year now, but I still won't go further than 10 mins from my house in fear that I would have a dizzy spell and panic! Yesterday I finally had enough and increased my dose to 15mg will slowly increase to 20mg. I took my first increased dose last night and I slept great, feel calm today, and have had no side effects!!! I hope this continues! I will do an update as I go. I know the first time I took citolopram I believe I caused all the bad side effects from worrying so much this time I just took it and moved on knowing it is worth a try to feel better!

1 like, 44 replies

44 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

How'd today go?

• Posted

Day 4 of increase I slept good only woke up once! I felt off balance waiting for a dizzy spell to get me but it didn't. I went to the store thank God it is only 4 blocks away. Lol It was a struggle I felt very anxious and couldn't get out of there fast enough but I survived. I was extremely tired all day but managed to get stuff done. I do find it very frustrating that when you increase your dose you can have worse anxiety that really ticks me off, but like my husband says one day at a time and I will get better! Thanks for asking!

• Posted

Good to hear. Stay positive that it will continue to improve each day with of course the odd set back but they pass.
  • Posted

Day 5 of increase! Slept really good! Woohoo!! I felt tired today but more positive and calmer! I was able to focus and get a lot done!! I will continue to stay the course!
    • Posted

There is hope!!!! I am so glad to hear you are feeling better too!!! 🎉🎉🎉🎉

• Posted

TAKING CIT HAS PROBLEMS AT THE START I HAD MINE FOR ABOUT 5 MONTHS NOW I HAVE BEEN TAKING THEM FOR A BOUT 4YEARS

WHAT YOU GOT TO UNDERSTAND IS THAT THESE CITS AND OTHER MEDICATION BUILDS UP SLOWLY IN YOUR BODY IT CAN TAKE UP TO A YEAR FOR THE FULL DOSE TO WORK

STICK WITH THEM

• Posted

Hi Gazzy. I'm happy to read your reply to Dalene as I have been taking 10mg Cit for nearly 10 months and am still not 100% my normal self. I took the same dose years ago and seem to recover quicker than this time. But reading you saying that it can take up to a year, I have renewed hope !!!! Luv Lily xx

• Posted

Anxiety is much better. My biggest complaint right now seems to be fatigue. I'm sleeping way too much but that's better than pacing around all night. Hopefully it's just a side affect that will level out

• Posted

That's what I said yesterday! lol I am sleeping good but I could keep sleeping in the afternoon if I sit down I fall asleep in like 3 secs. I know it will pass this happened when I started the meds the first time. I'm glad you are doing okay!

• Posted

How have you been doing? I was doing awesome till today woke up dizzy which caused me to panic! Ugh
    • Posted

I've been doing pretty good. Yesterday was a bit of a off day but think I'm catching a cold. Otherwise every week seems a bit better than the previous. Don't fret too much over the odd bad stretch it'll even out eventually..

• Posted

I'm glad your doing better. So you think it's normal to start feeling bad 3.5 weeks after increasing? I couldn't sleep last night was hot sweaty, panicky, and then so cold couldn't get warm! I just don't know if it's gonna get better or if I am on a road downhill?

• Posted

Ya I think 3.5 weeks is pretty early are you still at 15mg or 20 now. Are you trying anything else like CBT or meditation/deep breathing. Stay with it I remember you saying it took 3 months originally for it to start working. Try to think positive thoughts as hard as it may be when feeling down everything is so negative
    • Posted

I am still at 15mg to scared to increase! I have not been able to find a therapist where I live!
    • Posted

Ask your doc if there is any online cbt programs available. That's what I've just started its an 8 week program mostly learning about depression /anxiety and how to change my thought process towards them

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.