Citalopram Increase!

Posted , 11 users are following.

I have had anxiety and panic attacks for the last 6 years I was so bad I didn't drive for 5 years, go out to eat, socialize, or go into a store! A year and a half ago I finally decided to take Citolopram 10mg. I had horriable side effects for 3 months then I finally felt a little better I have been driving for a year now, but I still won't go further than 10 mins from my house in fear that I would have a dizzy spell and panic! Yesterday I finally had enough and increased my dose to 15mg will slowly increase to 20mg. I took my first increased dose last night and I slept great, feel calm today, and have had no side effects!!! I hope this continues! I will do an update as I go. I know the first time I took citolopram I believe I caused all the bad side effects from worrying so much this time I just took it and moved on knowing it is worth a try to feel better!

1 like, 44 replies

44 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Day 8 of increase! I woke up and my heart is skipping beats! Ugh should I be worried anyone else have this happen when they increased their citalopram???
  • Posted

So day 10 of the increase!! I am very tired all the time! Went out with the family to get some dinner I was nervous and uncomfortable! So frustrating I just will never understand how anxiety can screw with a person so much!!! 😡 I am feeling fine while at home but overwhelmed when leaving my house!

• Posted

Hi  I have been on Citalopram for 2-3 yrs now I take it for anxiety panic attacks and also I have suffered fro Agoraphobia on and off for many years I have always been perscribed 20mg and thats enough to help me with my symptoms it is certainly better to take this then suffer from the symptoms
    • Posted

Yes definately ! I have offered to do some volunteering work for cats protection and I am being picked up tomorrow night for a meeting to see what is envolved and to meet the rest of the group I dont know any of the ladies yet but it does not bother me at all ! Do keep in touch and let us know how you get on 
    • Posted

No I have never driven too nervous to even have tried it !  My partner drives and my son and daughter drive and if I need to go into town while they are working I get the bus 
    • Posted

That's good you have support. I used to love to drive till 6 years ago got dizzy and had a panic attack while driving now I just get so nervous. I feel like a huge inconvenience and my son is 13 and my daughter is 12. I fear they will become nervous of driving cause I am.

• Posted

Day 13 of increase! I don't know that it is helping other than I am sleeping better. Today I woke up and have whole body weakness and really tired! Anyone else experience body weakness with citalopram and will it go away????

• Posted

i ve been taking cits for a few  years now one of the symptoms was that i wasnt getting any sleep so i saw a neuro doc he came me cits and reccomended zoplicle 2.5mg every night.i ve been taking them for a couple of years now never slept like this for years on the odd night of not going to sleep take a cit tab and goodnight

for everyone not getting any sleep go and see your gp ask him to give zolpiclone tabs  good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.