citalopram increase

Posted , 4 users are following.

On my second week of increase of 40 citalopram and still have the worst upset stomach. Being taking Buscapan but still suffering.

0 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Please take with plenty of food.   SSRI's are very irritating to the lining of the stomach. Also, drinking aloe vera juice will heal the stomach. 
  • Posted

hi louise, i was like that it does get better,iv been on 40mg for5 weeks and still got a heavy head,
  • Posted

Hi Louise, I was the same when I increased to 20mg, didn't have these issues with 10mg and I was on 10 for a few mths and drinking alcohol on top of it, when you say heavy head could you elaborate , I have been feeling like my head is about to implode like pressure in my head, I increased to 20mg about 4 weeks ago and since I have drank about 3 times but when I drank had a few pints each time, I find I feel so much worse, I'm thinking did I do some damage with the drink and my anxiety also seems worse, i have increase about 5 weeks ago now, just worried maybe I put myself back to the start with the drinks, very hard.
    • Posted

Yeah, been nearly 2 weeks since increase and have stomach upset, sweating and sore head and feel foggy too. Couldn't stomach any drink feeling like this. Hope you feel better soon x
    • Posted

Thanks Louise, I hope you feel better too, the pain in my head seems to be at the top and sides, It's like a vice is around my head, is yours similar?
    • Posted

I started to feel less sick after the two week mark, nausea is gone now, just the head pressure.
    • Posted

Will be 2 weeks on Friday, so fingers x. Yeah the head thing is awful.
    • Posted

Do you find the head thing moves to different parts of your head?
    • Posted

Hey Jenny, when did the weird head thing stop for you? Feel foggy and headaches, but upset stomach gonesmile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.