Citalopram Manufacturers

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hiya

I started on 20mg a day of Citalopram back in June 2007. It took about 6 weeks until I started to feel anything from them so anyone that has just started to use them & isn't sure if they are working please give them a chance. I was so glad I kept with them as the difference was unbelieveable. I currently take 10mg every 4 to 5 days & hope soon to be off them completely. I have recently got a new batch but from a manufacturer I haven't had before. I do feel a little down again & wondered if anyone else had noticed a similar thing.

Thanks.

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

hi, are the new tablets Ranbaxy in a yellow box because i have been taking 40 mg for about 12 months now and since having these new tablets last week i have not been feeling so \"well\" i feel frightened at night and weepy and a bit as though i,m on the edge of a panic attack. i have been really well up until these new tablets.
  • Posted

I'm not sure what the brand name is. I will check tonight when I get in and let you know tomorrow. I feel a lot better than I did last week as I went back to taking one every 3rd day. I will gradually get back to one every 5th day but I am not going to rush things. Please don't suffer. Get back to your Doctor as soon as you can and tell them how you are feeling. The panic feelings are terrible. Take care.
    • Posted

Get off the horrific drugs, as soon as you can.  They destroyed my life, and I didnt take em until late in life... The Pills KILL.

The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself

give your body the permission to heal, off the drugs, may take two years....

• Posted

Hiya Jojo42

I checked the manufacturer of my latest batch & you're right it is Ranbaxy. Maybe it is just a coincidence that we have both felt low after taking them. I know I am getting back on my feet hope you are too.

Take care.

• Posted

Stick to same company................but once with a "mental illness"tag, no doctor will listen, will they?

• Posted

Hi Dougie,

i haved tried to think about it logically and the chemical ingredients have to be the same, i know the NHS go for the cheapest manufacturer available, but it does seem odd i have been well for so long it would be interesting to hear if anybody else has felt different after changing to Ranbaxy i also notice i can taste them for ages after i have taken them. I am so glad to hear you are getting back on your feet, i have found this web site so valuable during my worst times. it's good that you can share your experiences with people who don't know you. For me it's been a god send ! keep up the good work and be well soon x

• Posted

Hiya Jojo

Thanks for the encouragement. This web site is brill. I wish I'd discovered it sooner. It is sometimes easier to type on a computer how you are feeling than talking to friends. I sometimes feel I'm banging on and on about myself. They must get bored of hearing it. You're right about it being interesting if anyone else has had set backs with this Manufacturer. Lets see if anyone replies. As i said it is just a set back for both of us & maybe others too. We'll see. I wish you well soon too. Take care. x

• Posted

Hi guys

I decided to look into this company for you and came up with this. :shock:

(Click Here)

As with any website, I would suggest you do a little more research before going into a majot panic. :oops:

Perhaps a chat with your GP's would be more beneficial than reading what could be fabricated scare stories on the net but thought it worth posting the link for you guys so you can do your own research into this company or better still, discuss this with your doctors.

Melbi x

• Posted

Sorry but the brand 'Ranbaxy' is not the drug citalopram in the UK. There is a brand called 'Visclair' made by the manufacturer Ranbaxy (UK) Ltd but the drug is Mecysteine Hydrochloride (Methylcysteine) which is used in the management of conditions such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.

I can't find any reference to citalopram as manufactured by Ranbaxy being licensed in the UK.

• Posted

Wow that is certainly an eye opener. I will take your advice & speak to my Doctor. Thanks for the info. I will let you know what my Doctor says. Hope you're ok Jojo. I feel relieved in a way that it maybe the drugs & not me that's the problem.
  • Posted

Thanks Hilary. Will not contact my Doctor till it's clear. I appreciate you looking into this.

Thanks again.

• Posted

I'm a UK pharmacist so can help here I think.

Ranbaxy are a generics manafacturer.

A generic is a medicine that is made by several manufacturers.

All UK generics are made to very high standards and mostly there is no difference between generics although the packs may look different. In fact a factory may make the same tablet but change just the colour and markings etc and pack it in several different packs. The tablets are different so that they can be identified.

Rarely some patients report problems with a particular pack. This is usually due to the \"inactive\" ingredients, the colourings preservatives etc.

If you feel you are affected by a particular manufacturer's product just tell your pharmacist next time that you receive your medicines. There is a good chance that they can put a note on your record to say \"do not give generic xxx\"

A pharmacist cannot swap a pack of tablets once you have taken a few but they can dispose of the unwanted tablets. If you need a new pack sooner ask you GP for a new prescription and explain the problem that you are having with the pack.

It may be that that a particular pharmacy does not have any others in stock but may be able to order them in. Some times the larger pharmacy chains are unable to order different products but independant pharmacies should have no issue with this.

• Posted

Hi everyone, My tablets are citalopram 40mg it says each tablet contains 40mg of Citalopram Hydrobromide and it says on the box Ranbaxy UK Ltd

95 Park Lane

Mayfair

London W1K 7TE

I have given it a few more days to see if things settled down

but i felt terrible yesterday and have not done for a long time so i think a visit to my GP is in order as suggested by this pharmacist on this site.

Thanks Hilary and Melbi for taking the time to look this up, your help is invaluable, love to all JOJO x

• Posted

So sorry you are a "mentally ill" person, once taking these meds, you mentally ill, no rights, no nothing... surviving antidepressants, if you want support, from others addicted to the stuff... god once you read about big Pharma, gosh I only hope I can get someone to listen, I have been totally destroyed by these drugs...    Hope I survive. I am ang

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.