Citalopram Manufacturers

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hiya

I started on 20mg a day of Citalopram back in June 2007. It took about 6 weeks until I started to feel anything from them so anyone that has just started to use them & isn't sure if they are working please give them a chance. I was so glad I kept with them as the difference was unbelieveable. I currently take 10mg every 4 to 5 days & hope soon to be off them completely. I have recently got a new batch but from a manufacturer I haven't had before. I do feel a little down again & wondered if anyone else had noticed a similar thing.

Thanks.

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have had similar problems with pills made by Bristol in the UK. It feels as if I am having withdrawal symptoms. I have been on them for 4 weeks and feel really rough. I usually have pills made by Generics UK and my GP is oing to make reference on my notes so as I don't get any other make.
    • Posted

Four weeks?  save yourself, stop taking the brain benders   go to surviving antidepressants, and learn how hard it is to get off the stuff, before going on the stuff.   And yes, most of us still on Antidepressants, but so nice to have friendly flolk , suffering the same experiences.

• Posted

I am in the depths of hell, after tapering off zoloft 9 months ago.  Tried reinstating zoloft out of pure absolute panic, it made me suicidal.  Now trying citalopram, ten days, I feel worse.  Any advice?  Or do I just try and ride the withdrawals horror, for a year or two, until my brain recovers?
    • Posted

And should have mentioned  zoloft is easy, I swtitched to zoloft after 8 years on effexor  "the devils tic tacs", dont ever, ever touch SNRIs they destroy you, completely..... dont mess with the devil.   Hope one day that the manufacturers of this evil drug, that I was a guinea pig for, end up in hell, living out the effexor hell they induce.

• Posted

Is alphapharm citalopram OK?   I am trying out of desperation to reinstate an SSRI, after crashing and burning, afer a three month taper, 12 months ago....... I feel worse... advice welcome.
  • Posted

You take 10mg every four days?  Is that what you are saying?  Are you trying to get off the drug? Please clarify.  Good luck!  Like who told you to take them every 5 dayss? I am puzzled?  Has this worked for you?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.