Citalopram Need help. Stay on or come off

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi Been on 10mg now 20mg of citalopram for 3 weeks now and I am getting so depressed I was only put on these meds for anxiety just don't know what to do stay on them or come off . My doctor is away now for two weeks. I am also losing some much weight can't eat. Help needed please.

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Rob

I was on 10mg for about 2 months then upped to 20mg, been on those a further 3 months. It's been really hard for me but I stuck with it and im finally feeling good again. I lost a lot of weight and was sleeping all the time. Still struggle in the morning getting up but once I'm out of bed I'm fine now. Have put the weight back on and eating better too. Stick with it, it's gets worse before it gets better.

• Posted

I'm so glad I stumbled across this post,  I to have been on this med for two weeks, first week or so was on 10mg now been on 20mg since Saturday and I also feel so anxious and down in the dumps trembling, dizzy, blurry vision, insomnia, you name it I have it lol.  And I so know what you mean when you say the days are longer, its so true, i'm impatient and just want this to work already but I know it doesnt work that way as I was on Paxil years ago and that also took some time.  

• Posted

I'm glad this post has helped you a bit. It is a very slow process. I can feel my appetite come back slowly. Hopefully it's the start of something

• Posted

Hi Rob - so happy to hear it.  I remember about 7 weeks of insomnia and then slowly sleep came back, They really take their own time. 

Jo x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.