Citalopram third week

Posted , 6 users are following.

ive been on citalopram over two weeks now at 20mg , side effect of nausea still there but now my legs feel like jelly , balance still off , neck pain and the anxiety seems heightened , like I read on another post the concentration and memory  is shot , almost like I'm looking at me from the outside if that makes sense , I know what tho do every day but have to think hard to do anything , whether that's writing , reading or watching TV ! As for driving ...... I can but don't like it anymore , feel like I'm a learner again ! Do these things happen to anybody else or am I going bonkers ?!?

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have been on citalopram which is coming up for 2 years this coming October. I still feel that I have to make this excrutiating effort to get things done. My concentration is all over the place and I have problems with my memory. My sleep pattern is topsy turvy too. Eventhough I have mentioned all this to my GP when my 'reviews' are due, he just waves it all aside and says it's all part and parcel. I have also had some dark suicidal moments.
    • Posted

Oh that doesn't sound good , I'm petrified because the concentration thing is so disabling , scared that I won't be able to work , I know it's only early days but I almost feel like I don't know things but then concentrate and it's all there but it's like muted and at a distance . Hard to explain , will it ever get easier ? I feel so down and can't bring myself to do anything or want to smile or laugh . I hate it !
  • Posted

Hi garyflinn im not any better after16 months and hoping my doc can sort me out tomorrow ,I just have to get off All drugs as I have such an adverse reaction. But looking on here I would say there are thousands with this problem. You just have to do what's ok for you ,on a better note my husband was on 20 mg cit for two years tapered off very very slowly and never had a problem and that was six years ago he's never looked back. That's why I went on them for anxiety  the worst thing I have ever done in my life ,

hope things improve for you 

• Posted

Are you coming off the meds because of adverse reactions ?
  • Posted

Hi Gary, Remember me??

Im only a week behind you, and to be honest, I havent noticed anything really significantly different at all.  I may get a bit of a 'high' for half hour, but I would guess maybe these are my positive feelings, but they dont stay for long.

Id go back to your gp if I were you Gary.  These arnt agreeing with you at all, and maybe you should try something else.  You were, and still are, doing really well.

Take care :-)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.