Citalopram to escitalopram

Posted , 8 users are following.

Just want to ask the group,

Who among you shifted from citalopram to escitalopram? Can you share your experience ??

Thank you

0 likes, 65 replies

65 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I have been assisting my father with his medications. He is taking 20mg. of Citalopram, 25mg of Losartin, 25mg (2xper day) of Trazadone and then 12.5mg of Hydrochlorot, and 5mg of Simvistatin.  My concern is he is very paranoid, complains of mysterious bug bites on his ankles and has to have something to complain about every day.  Is the combination of the trazadone and citalopram a bad thing? I just started helping him for the past 6 months...he seems to not do well at all with change or new things.
    • Posted

Sorry if your father is experiencing a lot.... I know its not easy...

I really cant tell if the combination of meds is causing the side effect... How long does he take citalopram...? It will take several weeks or months to see the full effect... As for myself i became paronoid for a period of time, sensitive to sounds, dont want to go outside....

You can ask your doctor if their is drug interaction between the meds youve mentioned

Hopefully hell get better asap

Hugs

Jv

• Posted

Hey guys need your advice...

This is my thought right now... Im ok not depressed nor anxious..happy to be with my family..but i dont have the motivation or the excitement i have before...sometimes if i think of working far from home... There is still doubt in myself...

Im on my 4 1/2 mos at 10mg citalopram... It worked for me before... But do you think i need to upped the dose ??hayssss feeling confuse

• Posted

Hi John, obs I am no expert, but 10mg is a low dose, if it was me I would up it to 20 x

• Posted

Hi dawn,

How are you? Hope your doing fine ...

Can you update me with your escitalopram?

Thank you

• Posted

Hi John

Yes I am doing fine, feel fine in myself, my leg still jiggles up and down at work, so when that stops I will know I am finally back to normal, have you switched to escitalopram, what day are you on?

• Posted

Hi Adam,

Still soldiering on lol, not out of the woods but a lot better, I dont think it helps that I drink a bottle of wine every night sad I am getting headaches which I have never had before and a white zig zag light in the corner of my eye, but I am not increasing the dosage I am going to see how it goes xx How are you doing, did you swap to ES? x

• Posted

Aww what does are you on?

And how long you been taking them?

I'm due to switch from citalopram to escitalopram today because my teeth keep chattering and jaw clenching on citalopram .

• Posted

I am on 20mg, and I have been taking them for just over 2 months I think

• Posted

Keep yourself hydrated with plenty of water that helps. Cit was really helping me, I just struggled with the jaw clenching all day and night . I really hope Es helps.
    • Posted

Goodluck adam hope escitalopram works well with you...you will exp the side effect but hopefully its lesser than citalopram
    • Posted

Ye doing ok, still not quite there yet, seem to be having headaches which I have never suffered with, but dont think it helps me having a bottle of wine every night, need to sort out the drinking next xx

• Posted

I drink water all day at work, to compensate the drink lol, I must admit I never had the jaw clenching, in fact no side effects have been a problem to me, just getting a some head aches now smile

• Posted

That's probably from the drinking.

Have the meds helped you in general?do you feel better

• Posted

How is the jaw clenching going?  I have been on ES for about a month and it's just getting worse.  Ugggh.  I'm hoping at some point it will get better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.