Citalopram to escitalopram

Posted , 8 users are following.

Just want to ask the group,

Who among you shifted from citalopram to escitalopram? Can you share your experience ??

Thank you

0 likes, 65 replies

65 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi everyone,, how are you guys... I switch also from cit to esci ..going 7 weeks and it really does work well for me
    • Posted

Hi John, how did you find the switch?

Did you feel any withdrawal from the cit?

I heard Es is the more cleaner drug with less side effects.

• Posted

I find the switch a good decision... I can see the positive effect after 2-3 weeks and see the gradual effect as the weeks goes on...

Im on my 7h week going 8th and i can see how much it helps me... Almost close to normal... Feeling happy ... Excited... Motivation is there but need some more push...im excited what will happen in next month ... Been doing some self help therapy... Also being vocal with my condition really helps... I can make fun with it... Family and friends are very supportive

So keep taking it.. And hopefully it works for you... As we all know we have differnt body chemistry... Meds react differently for all... And if not you still have other option...gradual process very tedious but its worth it

Jv

• Posted

compare to citalopram. I perspire less in escitalopram.. I can feel the positive effect after 3 weeks.. Im on my 8 week as of the writing everything seems going great... Happy...before i switch my mood is flat... But now i can say motivation is h back
    • Posted

Hiya, just revisiting the forum as I've been off for a while. Just seen youve swapped from cit to esc, how was the switch? Did you get any side effects? I think I prob need to go up from 10 cit but am terrified of what might happen 😬😬 xxx
    • Posted

Hey Marf, don't worry about the switch you should feel a lot better with Es .

Less side effects and quicker results.

5mg of Es is equivalent to 10mg of cit.

You can start low and build your way up. You won't feel any different as escitalopram is a cleaner version of citalopram

• Posted

Hi John,

Did you have any side effects, i switched to escitalopram from cit.

Im still getting the jaw clenching but not as much.

I hope this passes because the meds are def working and helping.

What mg are you currently taking

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.