Citalopram with Mirtazipam

Posted , 7 users are following.

Does anyone have experience of taking both at the same time?

I took Cit for 10 years (7 years 20mg and 3 years 40mg) for stress, anxiety and depression , and come off them far too quickly before Xmas.

By Feb i was back on 20mg but after 6 weeks I had a breakdown and took some time off work.

Been on 40mg now for a 4th week so 10 weeks back on Cit and not really seeing an improvement, especially as im now back in work and the stress is back.

GP gave me some sleeping tablets to help with the sleep initially (Zopiclodine) but has now given me 15mg Mitrazipam to take at night.

Ive taken them for 2 nights and whilst the sleep has been deep, i was very drowsy yesterday before work, couldnt go for my usual morning run, and same again this morning. The anxiety and irrational thoughts this morning were unbearable. I booked today off work as i had a feeling it would be more of the same.

Its now 12.15pm and i still cant shake it off.

I dont know wether to just persevere with the 40mg Citalopram only.

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

That's really good that you are starting to hopfully get a bit better and hoping that this is you on the way to feeling great! I can imagine that your anxiety was bad from working so hopefully it'll be something that eases over time for you. Omg! The hunger is real! After about half an hour of taking mirt I would be in the cupboards and fridge finding whatever bad food I could find lol

• Posted

Hi, I'm on both although I'm going to wean myself off Mirtazipine shortly. I found that the extreme tiredness caused by Mirtazipine didn't last for too long. The first week or so was really bad with me sleeping for around 12 hours a night but then my body got used to it and now I just sleep well and I'm ready to get up at 8am and often earlier. The main issue I had with the Mirtazipine was increased appetite but again that went eventually. I had my mirtazipine increased to 30mg from 15mg and was ravenous with hunger all of the time. I would see someone eating on tv and feel like I needed to eat even though I'd had a good dinner and a dessert. I went back to 15mg 4 nights ago but still struggling with the hunger. Going to try coming off them soon. I'm on 40mg of Citalopram and 200mg of mood stabilizer as I have Cyclothymia. Hope that helps. Laura

• Posted

Just realised this is an old post. Oh well, hopefully my rant will help someone 😁

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.