Citilopram

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi. How's everyone doing today?  I haven't posted for a week, started feeling a bit better and went back to work, just mornings.  I still feel very anxious though but other than that and the lack of appetite, I don't feel like I did, which was horrendous to say the least.  However, this morning had a blip and had to resort to a diazepam which is a godsend to be honest. Works within minutes and just makes me feel normal, not hyper or anything like that thank god! I'm now into 3 weeks at 20mg. Hopefully things will get better and it is just a blip. Apparently anxiety is one of the last things to go... who knows. I have had citilopram before but not for anxiety so this is a whole new experience! Still feel like an idiot for feeling like this as I have no need to be. I think mine is a combination of having a health scare, losing our 14 month old puppy to an illness and my son choking while we were on holiday which resulted in half of New York City turning up to help!! Maybe it just all took its toll, who knows!!! 

Anyway, I hope everyone is feeling better, especially in time for Christmas xx

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Yes I thought 'I'm sure we e chatted' too ..... but probably the other Debbie 😊

Going back to work can be challenging and though you often feel you're doing ok, it can take its toll physically on your body, causing a blip.  Many things can cause blips ... even the change of weather lol.  But you shouldn't avoid things as we have to get on in life.  Try relaxing as you move about, letting go of tension - anxiety likes a tense body.

Blips will pass - just let them be there, relax and pass through them.  

I've been on Citalopram twice and both times had different start up experiences and the second time it took longer.  Both times they worked though.

You can't help feeling like this - your body is just reacting physically to stress / shock, and that's something it's just doing naturally.  Everyone is different and has their own limits.  I don't deal with stress well, but learning to relax has helped.

Sounds like you're getting there though.

K x

• Posted

I've got a funny feeling it might have been me but my head is not where it should be right now!!

You're right, blips are going to come and go. They are in our lives regardless of the anxiety etc but we just dealt with them without getting all worked up over it.  It's a very strange illness. I know I'm being completely stupid but can't help it. Over thinking is a big issue which needs to be knocked on the head but when you feel bad that's easier said than done. I start cbt on Monday, not sure what to expect but will give anything a go to be honest.

Do you feel better now and how long have you been on cit? X

• Posted

Good morning Debbie. No need to think ur feelin like an idiot. Just glad ur feelin better and keep ur chin up. Things do get better
    • Posted

Ah thanks! I do hope it gets better, not experienced anxiety like this before, obviously had normal 'butterfly tummy' on the odd occasion but this is incredibly hard!  I will keep my chin up, have two little ones to look after so have to keep going somehow!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.