citrolopram

Posted , 9 users are following.

15 days on 20mg citrolopram went for my Gp appt today still feeling really anxious and nausea, told him I felt bad in the mornings and still unable to work, he said give them a little longer. When should these feelings fade? Anyone else in this situation? I feel like I,m going to explode.

0 likes, 33 replies

33 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I am on one diazapram 10mg daily but to help to relesse the nerves in my neck. They are OK. No side effcts

like CITs gave me. But each one of us is an individual.

• Posted

I started on five mg cit and increased 5 mg every two weeks until I got to 20mg. I felt awful each time I increased but only for that day. Good luck
  • Posted

Hi grace

I took 1mg of lorazepam this morning and it has got me through the day, I feel so bad in the mornings, day 17on 20mg CIT very slight improvement, when did you know to stop the lorazepam, I'm worried that I won't know if its the lorazepam or the cit that is helping me. When did cit kick in for you. Take care

• Posted

Hi linnet,

If you take Lorazapam in the morning you will notice that day by day you will need less and less of it and one morning you will wake up and think that it's ok and you don't want to take it. Also the cit will be slowly kicking in and you will feel less anxious for longer periods of time. It's not a sudden change but a gradual one.

I had terrible side effects, diarrhoea, stomach ache, sleeplessness, headaches, dizziness, shaking, sweating and they lasted for about 6 weeks (after about 4 weeks I increased from 20 to 30)and then about 3 weeks into my increase I started feeling better, wasn't so anxious in the day, could go out for one hour and wasn't scared to stand in the queue at the post office, did some cleaning and cooking and started reading and watching telly. There is no mistake when you notice the change. But stay positive and believe it will help you. it helped me for sure!

I'm back to work and enjoy life againg

Keep in touch

Grace

• Posted

Thanks grace that makes a lot of sence so glad you are back to your old self I can't wait to get my life back. Thanks for the encouragement.
  • Posted

Hi everyone, feeling much better today (I've been out and cooked a meal)! Let's hope it lasts! Hoping you are all well, Chris
  • Posted

Great news chris!

One day at a time!

Keep strong

Always here for chat!

• Posted

Only people who are the same know what you're going through. Doctors can listen but they don't know what these feeling are like. I would agree that watching a funny DVD does the world of good. When depressed, it's extremely difficult to focus outside of yourself and your misery.

I would say to work on the things that are causing you to feel bad. I've had to get rid of people out of my life who were causing me a lot of the pain.

Try to find something you like doing; the best thing for me was dance lessons. I would go in to the class miserable and come out wanting to dance all night. I must get back to that!

• Posted

Hi Chris. I haven't told my friends either. It's just something I don't want to cope with now. I have been taking citilipram for nearly a year, starting at 10mg, then 20 & now 40.
  • Posted

Hello All

I too are on 20mg Citalopram and 80mg propranolol for health anxiety and panic attacks. I ve been on the propranolol for a couple of months and they seem to help alot, this was after a trip to a&e with my heart beating so fast that they whipped me straight to the resuscitation unit. Very frightening indeed! My anxiety had peaked again, so back on the meds.

Good to see forums like this, it helps to know your not going too mad and that there are others in the same boat. I also haven't told work colleagues about my problems.

I'm on day 11 of citalopram, my anxiety is still with me, as for side affects, I've found that I'm more tired then normal, yawning alot, not great when talking to people :-) sleep is a bit disturbed, dry mouth, thirsty. I ve had a couple of panic attacks, but as I have read this is still early days.

Question I have is, I'm not a big drinker but do like the odd pint, I've not had a drink for a few weeks as i thought it best to wait for the meds to settle in. Has anyone had a problem with alcohol?

Regards

Richard.

• Posted

I drink vodka, Chris, and, never had any interaction, over 13 years. I've also taken Propranolol with drink and been fine. I never gave it a thought when I mixed them, to be truthful.

On Cit. I didn't have a lot of energy and it's only since stopping them that I've realised how much energy I have.

• Posted

Been on the Citalopram for about 8 weeks now, feeling better than I can remember feeling. Thoughts have faded away and have been having the most productive days in ages! I've been drinking on them, only problem seems to be slightly worse hangovers! Good luck everyone smile
  • Posted

Glad to hear that you're feeling much better, Chris but don't make the mistake I made and depend on them for years. Od course, some people DO need to do that. Just be careful.
  • Posted

Thanks ms mac, I'm a bit scared to come off them in case in comes back though... I'm having cbt and counselling alongside.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.