citrolopram

Posted , 9 users are following.

15 days on 20mg citrolopram went for my Gp appt today still feeling really anxious and nausea, told him I felt bad in the mornings and still unable to work, he said give them a little longer. When should these feelings fade? Anyone else in this situation? I feel like I,m going to explode.

0 likes, 33 replies

33 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Oh, whatever you do, don't come off them until you feel ready. Been there, with the counselling. Depression is such a terrible illness and so misunderstood - or not understood at all!

Take care - the sun WILL shine again.

• Posted

Thanks for your replies.

My doctor told me that i will probably be on the cit for a few months, i know drinking isn't that important but it does help you relax when the sun is shining to have a cold beer and chill out. Not that we get much sun!!

Glad things are working out well with you Chris, i went through this a few years back, got myself together, but had a bit of a relapse, I've always tended to worry too much, but when it gets to a stage where it takes over your life, you have to seek help. Get a bit fed up that I'm back on meds again, but hey, if they work, so be it.

cheers.

• Posted

I think it's fine if you can go on and off them, as needed. I was too frightened to come off them, hence 13 years on them. Unless you're diagnosed with something like bi-polar, I think people should be very careful about being on them for many years, like myself.

You have to deal with the things that have made you depressed and try to sort that out which, I know, isn't easy. Life's a b**ch. rolleyes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.