Clicking and crunching knee

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have noticed over the last year when I bend down my knee cruches and sunds like its ripping, its feels like this too. Any ideas? 

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Well I still get the horrible crunching, and I have only had my new half knees this year, so does that mean the other side has gone, ? I'm to scared to go to doctors
    • Posted

Never be too scared to go the doctors, things could be getting worse and you could do real damage?? 
    • Posted

Fear of the unknown is far worse than being educated about the problem and working on it. You are far less liable to get hurt turning on a light than charging full speed into a dark room. Its just like thinking there is a good possibility of cancer but not having it treated until its completely consumed you when e a rot diagnosis is the safest way to go for the best possible cure.
    • Posted

Yes, but if it's the other sides already, then that means two full knees, the thought of going through all that again is unbearable, I'm hoping maybe it's scar tissue or something , it doesn't hurt like before surgery, so it can't be to bad, just sound terrible ,I see him next July any way , so will try and wait, 😏
  • Posted

Hi there

I've just had a PKR after 12 yrs of arthritis, however the last 2 yrs, and particularly the last 12 months, have been super painful.  BUT between 2008/2010 I went cycle touring, covering on average 600/700kms per week.  During that time and for approx 6 months after I returned, I completely forgot about my crunchy knee because the cycling had built up the muscles around my knee to such an extent that the knee was fully supported.  Now I'm not suggesting you go off cycling for 2 yrs smile but just saying what others have said, cycling is one of the best ways of building up the muscles around your knee.  Good luck.

• Posted

That's good going in fact that's brilliant.you must be determined to do those miles

How bad was your knee when you started??

I got into cycling when my hip was on its way out and although the ROM was still poor cycling got rid of a lot of kinks in by back

• Posted

To be honest I can't remember, all I know is that 6 months after I stopped cycling I knew I had a serious problem.  In 2005 I almost had to give up a 10 day hike in Spain because of the pain and the instability.  

I think it's a good idea to see your doctor and kick off the investigations, they take time, at least then you'll know what you are dealing with.

• Posted

I'll see what she says tomorrow.

after the arthroscopy I could walk 6-8 miles but it gradually got harder and there's only cycling left.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.