Clob and the clitoris

Posted , 12 users are following.

I'm on the NHS and for the most part I find their explanations regards using clob and LS, in general, are so lacking. 

I noticed a while ago that my clitoris had become white on the one side. The flesh around this area is 'looser' than on the other side. (The hood surrounding it).  So it's changed structure I guess?

I pointed this out to my doctor and asked if I should use the clob on this area on the  clitoris.  I think it's hard to see in regular light tbh. . She said to put it on the hood? I can't see how that would help, to be honest? 

I get painful clit a lot too. Do I rub it on this area (it sounds scary as the clob burns me no matter where I put it). 

ALSO, did anyone else suffer a lot of pain upon using clob ointment in the beginning? I might have asked this before, but I guess my hormones make me foggy brained. Any advice appreciated.(I'm 54). 

0 likes, 64 replies

64 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi, as I said haven't been diagnosed with LS, but I have all the symptoms, the doctors gave me 2 different ointment which when I put it on it irritated it more, haven't had the clob yet, we might be extra sensitive , as I have said to the doctor I know how my body feels. Take care x

• Posted

I'm having the worst flare up ever. I used the clob again and now I'm in so much pain. It feels burned, like scalded. Nothing is calming it down. I'm in a bit of a state. Urine also smells really strong and also vag smells strong, but not like BV (Fish smell) just smells weird. Ugh!

• Posted

Try washing it gently, just with water to get all the clob off, pack of peas wrapped in dishcloth on it, take some panado or myprodol. Also take some rescue remedy if you feeling upset/tense. Try to not have fabric touching it. Deep breaths!!! It is unbearable when it happens but it will calm down. Good luck!!!

Sands xxx

• Posted

Thanks so much Leah. It's calmed a bit now. I drank a fair bit of water and at least the urine has settled somewhat. I don't have a bladder infection I know that. (Well, I can't know but I doubt it). We really get into a pickle at times with this. The scalding feeling has gone. I ended up rinsing well and putting coconut oil on.  It's also strange how one day coconut oil will work, then it just stings, then on another day emu oil will work so on.  Thanks so much for the support xxx

• Posted

Hi there, I've never had pain using Dermovate which I think is much the same as Clob so I can't speak for that but my advice and this is only MY view is put that clob everywhere and we are supposed to rub it in for 90 seconds at least. We are told to fear steroids but for LS it's a while other ball game as LS THICKENS the skin not thins it. Obviously if the clit is super then be gentle. But use it every day for a month, then every other day then twice a week when all the white areas have gone. I can't emphasise using a barrier ointment enough. I use HYDROMOL. it's fantastic. Protected the skin from urine, sticking together and moisturises. Much more comfortable especially when sore. My fusing has halted since I've been using it. I'd also suggest looking at your vulva closely often so you can see any improvements which will hearten you as well as any white patches that may appear as you don't always get signs like itching our burning .

Hope this helps hon, it's a horrible, depressing, hateful disease but once you get something that works out ceases to take over your life.

Let us know how you get on xx

• Posted

Sorry I meant if the clit is SORE ! (though I'm sure its super too lol😃 )

• Posted

Lol, my concentration is so poor I didn't notice, I'd be happy for a super clit again. lol . I'm in the UK so will look up the name Hydromol or any other makes similar. Thank you. 

• Posted

As would I! it's like digging for gold trying to FIND mine now 😢

You can get Hydromol in Boots and most chemists - they do small medium and kilo tubs. Make sure you get the OINTMENT tho hon not cream. Xx

• Posted

Hi, i was only diagnosed with this desease Christmas 2016,

I've been told to keep using the dermovate ointment

Once a day, which i do,

But i to get stabbing paint now and again,

My clitorus is white i was told to apply the ointment to it,

I don't go back to see my doctor till September,,

I don't get any itching now,

But , it's sore most of the time ,not the clitorus the whole area,

I also get little bright red spots everywhere, which come and go,,

There's always something different,

Do you suffer with these or does anyone else, ?

I do use borax and bicarbonate it soder,

Kindest regards x

• Posted

I do get weird stabbing pains, I've put this down to perimenopuase. I get so many weird symptoms down there loll. I'm not aware of bright red spots,  I could do actually come to think of it. My LS does not itch. I know I am lucky, but I get the pain instead. Sometimes I get like a rash type thing, is that the red spots?  Can you tell me how to use the borax it sounds scary, I've heard some people here mention it. I have a brain like a sieve these days I'm afraid. I forget everythingeek!

• Posted

Hi, you know, maybe we could start are own research?

Into lichen's,

If only Dr would really listen to us,!

It's a strange sort it rash/red spots, i get mainly when I'm

Very tired,comes and goes,oh well,!

What i do with the borax is ,I've got a small spray bottle , like the

ones from boots the chemists i fill it with cool boiled water

And i add 4pinches of borax give a shake, i use this after

Going to the toilet.

Hope this helps,, good luck!!!

Big hugs to you all, i honestly don't know what i would do

With out this forum, thanks lovely ladies xxxx

• Posted

I'm so glad you mentioned that you do not itch! I've just been diagnosed with LS (either side of the clitoris on innner labia) and I had no syptoms at all: no pain, no itching, no discomfort and *everything* I read mentioned itching.

My doc noticed white patches during my annual smear test and also did a biopsy to rule out pre-cancer cells. I've been given Clob cream but am a little worried about using it (since I don't itch and its main purpose is to stop the itching).

I'm 39 and very worried this could be perimenopause (my doc has assured me it's not this but no tests have been done so how can she be sure) rolleyes

• Posted

Did they biopsy the actual white parts? If so then you rest assured that they are right. I haven't had a biopsy so just go on what a few doctors and a gyne said. (Which worries me I admit). 

I believe the clob is a healing cream to reduce the whiteness. However, I am no expert.  Not everyone entering peri will have LS, but some have atrophied. Perhaps go back to them and ask them to explain this further.

• Posted

Hi, I had a biopsy Monday as the gynecologist said I had white patches, she said she wouldn't have done a biopsy if it was itchy, but mine isn't itchy, just sore and I get open sores, she took the biopsy from the white patch, she thinks its LS but wants to be sure as it could be lichen planus, which when I went to a VD clinic as I thought I was having an herpes attack, the doctor there told me it was lichen planus.

• Posted

Thanks for the feedback, let me know the result? Or did she say it was LP, sorry bit confused.
    • Posted

Hi, had a biopsy last Monday ,the consultant said I had white patches and if it had been itchy she wouldn't have done biopsy, I think I have had this a long while as it use to be itchy, now I get white patches which then split looks like a blister what's popped. She told me for the time being to use hydromel ointment till the results come back the she will prescribe the correct. Both consultants' were horrified when I mentioned borax and bicarbonate, they said they a caustic detergent and would thin your skin at alot faster pace. She also told me not bath to much as water aggravates LS. I wish you good luck

• Posted

And just to add mine gets very sore, I do take paracetamol which helps.
    • Posted

Thanks for the feedback. I personally never used bicarb or  borax, it sounded a bit harsh.I use salt water and emu oil for comfort. xx
    • Posted

Hi, I asked if salt water was ok and she said no, , she told me to get in a warm bath count to 20 then get out and to use Aqueous cream as a soap ( which is cheap to buy ) I have been doing what she said & its helped. I never wear knickers now, as when I have done later on in the day they've agitated it., you should make sure you put hydromel ointment on at nite, it won't harm you, I just use it sparingly. Take care xx

• Posted

I also use aqueous cream to wash, the cream only not the bar of aqueous soap. I can't bath at the moment as we have massive water restrictions in Cape Town at the moment as we are experiencing the worst drought we have had in years here.

• Posted

Other than the water crisis CT is still an amazing place to live! Will do!!! X
    • Posted

Hi, just pour a trickle of water on it each day x
    • Posted

I still shower morning and night but very quick Luke warm shower. X
    • Posted

Yep, they did a biopsy and confirmed it as LS :s. Having a needle shoved into me milimetres from my clit was literally the most painful thing I've ever experienced and I have a very high pain threshold rolleyes.

Have been reassured by the Gyno that the clob is to stop the inflammation and immune system response as well as itching. Will demand hormone tests when I go back for the vulva check in 2 weeks time! 

• Posted

Sorry to hear that it is confirmed LS! The biopsy was also probably one of the most painful things done to me and I still have the mark from it. Do all that you can and good luck! We are all here for you!!! Sands xxx
    • Posted

Oh I am so sorry you went through so much pain. I thought they would at least use a numbing gel or something? At least now that part is over. Sending you a big hug xxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.