Clob and the clitoris

Posted , 12 users are following.

I'm on the NHS and for the most part I find their explanations regards using clob and LS, in general, are so lacking. 

I noticed a while ago that my clitoris had become white on the one side. The flesh around this area is 'looser' than on the other side. (The hood surrounding it).  So it's changed structure I guess?

I pointed this out to my doctor and asked if I should use the clob on this area on the  clitoris.  I think it's hard to see in regular light tbh. . She said to put it on the hood? I can't see how that would help, to be honest? 

I get painful clit a lot too. Do I rub it on this area (it sounds scary as the clob burns me no matter where I put it). 

ALSO, did anyone else suffer a lot of pain upon using clob ointment in the beginning? I might have asked this before, but I guess my hormones make me foggy brained. Any advice appreciated.(I'm 54). 

0 likes, 64 replies

64 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi i have had LS For 3 years. Im 56 came on after the menopause. Found it very difficult to control LS at first. When putting on the clob it was very sore. I persevered using baby cream to ease the pain i had lots of small cuts (zinc and Caster oil cream) woked well

I also used emuade also helped. Im am now down to clob twice a week. Estriol cream twice a week and bicab baths 3 to 4 times a week. Mosturiser as needed coconut cream. Taken 18 months to get it controlled. Keep reading and using this site it really helps

Kay x

• Posted

Thank you Kay. 

I'm grateful for your answer. I had stopped using clob because I felt it was too sore. I will try again. Sigh! When you say baby cream? What type?  and Estriol being like the HRT vaginal insertion? Can I spritz bicarb? I'm sorry! So many questions! I don't have the small cuts (that I am aware of at least. I have for the most part what I'd call a 'sore' then the whitening. 

• Posted

Hi kay

I have had this for over ten years. Itching drives you nuts, sex makes you very sore or hurts, sores, tears are a nightmare.

Originally I was told it to use too much steroid cream (clob) as it thins the skin, so I didn't go back for more with Itching I suffered over the years I used thrush cream lol stupid I know. That stung like mad now I know why sad

I also suffer stabbing pains but I never put the two together until reading these posts.

I have big changes, can't remember seeing my clit for so long now and last visit to gyne said labia was almost gone too

After my last flare worst ever I've been referred to the hospital (new area new doctor) I'm waiting for my biopsy results now. Clob stung like a bitch for me but my doctor said to carry on and it was worth the pain in the end, sores tears healed well. Try sitting in a warm bath, rub the cream in don't just put it on or it isn't as effective.

I also have a lack of hormones he said after examining me......

What is Borax? Have no idea.

I'm also having bloods done to check for autoimmune issues as they think it's all related x

• Posted

Hi, this site is good as it relates to what we each are going through, I personally don't believe in borax or bicarbonate soda, I think you should read in depth about it, also water irritated it, so you shouldn't spend to long in the bath. I don't get get itching, I get open sores which are very uncomfortable, I use hydromel morning & night it does help, I don't put much on, there are also books in the library about LS. &. LP. Take care.

• Posted

I've always suspected it is an autoimmune disease. I'm not sure though, just my thoughts. When mine broke out I was having a lot of stress in my life. I've also had thrush as an issue throughout my life.  I'm sorry you are going through so much (hugs). 

I would stick to the doctors' advice. Here there is tons of advice,  I personally would not use borax or even bicarb. I guess you have to check with your Docs first before trying something. That would be the safest way. Or, so I have learned. Like for e.g. using an ice pack on the area has helped me, I think I saw that here. That seems harmless enough?

I don't get itching, I get pain only. The itching must be harder to deal with. 

Take care xx

• Posted

Hi

I saw gynaecologist who immediately knew what it was. She said LS is fungal and autoimmune condition. I have been using clob for about two weeks no significant improvement yet. Reckon I have had this about five years and it became worse after drinking alcohol and after eating sweet things. So both eliminated from my diet. Seeing a nutritional therapist who is working with me on links with histamines. And read on here about affect of oxalates in foods on LS but I can't taclle that right now or I wouldn't he able to eat anything!! Hoping for speedy improvement for all of us.

Take care

• Posted

Hi , I personally wouldn't use bicarbonate soda or borax both will cause more damage, if unsure type in on google can you put either borax or carbonate soda on your genital areas, it will give you the reason why not to. Take care x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.