clonus / fibromyalgia/depression

Posted , 6 users are following.

i lost my mum 7 years ago to this july 29th since then my health has gone down hill,I was looking after my mum with her 3 cancers for over 22 years,and working 49 hours aweek,I did go back to work,but i was at a clients house and i could feel something was,nt right so i contacted my GP he saw me the next day,also broke down in front of him,was signed off work,then health probelms started,i was losing my hair,ezcema,heart rate was very high,bladder problems crying so much they put me on medsfor my depression but 3 of them made me suicidal.then my body started to shake my neck and head arms and legshad lots of test done,and my clonus is coming from my spinal cord,not my brain,then i thought i had the flu but no tempjust monorite then went to my GP,gave me a full test then he told me that it is fibromyalgia,with me it attacks my head/neck.both arms,quads calfs and feet.you do get very tired,fatigued,annoyed angry,and cryingi sometimes sleep latee at night then wake up and it is 1.30am or early afternoon,so i am on co-codamol 30/500,plus brutan pain patches 30mcg,and voltarol gel,plus physio twice a week i am on 7 tablets aday plus my fluoxitine and also 4 cream and 2 eye liquid and gel

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi judith my husband bought me a new tense machine and a bubble spa for the bath,had a great sleep as my gp said spas can help relaxing the muscles,plus ice packs are good for my pain .I wanted more natural remedies rather than OD on painkillers. Hope these suggestions help hun x

• Posted

Hi Judith, Yes I got all the sympathy that I got for you. Sounds like you got it like I did through a bereavement. I fell apart when my partner and best friend died. I am on Gabapentin and co-codamol also sertraline which they also use for pain. I also take 7 different tablets a day but some of them twice of three times in a day.

I don't want to bore you but my knees, hips, arms, neck and right collar bone are all bad . All round my waist feels as if I've been sawed in half. My fingers lock. I try to do excersizes but it seems sometimes to make it worse. The hospital are going to let me do hydrotherapy. It may help.Going back to bereavement, that was what started mine off. I do hope you can come to terms with it. I send you my love and best wishes and would like to talk again with you. God bless and try not to worry. Your mother is still with you, Just resting till you meet again. She knows you did all you could for her. Bye Josephine.

• Posted

Like you and Judith my Fibro started after a bereavement. I lost my father and brother with 6 weeks and it knocked me and the family for six. it seemed as if one day I could run up and down the stairs to practically crawling. it a horrible illness and I tell it often how much I hate it. Just wish it was recognised a bit more. Take care ☺

• Posted

Hi Sue, Thank you for your reply. I wish you all the best and hope you can get more good days than bad ones. I feel it helps when people talk like you have. Best wishes. Josephine.

• Posted

Judith I'm sorry to hear about what you are going through and yes I believe a lot of those things happened because of how your body responded especially if your immune system is compromised. Try to take some time for yourself and maybe just do some reading, warm baths with epson salts and ESSENTIAL OIL LAVENDER and I have even heard of adding baking soda. I have a recipe that they say in good to soak in if you want it I can give it to you. Just try to find your calming thing to do no matter what it is to try and get through. I know it's really hard and it's easier said then done but you have to do this for you!! I went through a similar thing when my son ended up in the hospital for 6 weeks. I also compromised my immune system so bad that i ended up with another auto immune disease. We don't realize all of us with Fibromyalgia how important it is to take care of ourselves. The bladder problems you are having make sure if those continue that they aren't anything called INTERSTITIAL Cystitis.Sometimes people with Fibromyalgia end up with this auto immune disease, I hope you feel better and I hope what they prescribed works for you. I live in the UNITED STATES IN MICHIGAN. Where do you live at? Prayers for you!

• Posted

i have had other problems before this lot happened,I wasbeing bullied from the age of 4 to7 and then again at the age of 13,then we lost 9 family members in 2 years my dad was the first with cancer ,he knew what i was going to be like from the outside i look strong,but i am a very nervous person,before my dad passed away we had a long talk together they said he had 2 to 3 years,he only lasted 3 days the youngest member to pass away was my cousin she was 26,then i lost alot of friends from cancer youngest being 29 and 2 also committed suicide,then i was helping my mum with her 3 different cancers,plus holding down a 49 hour full time job and looking after my mum I did have carersin the morning and at lunchtime

then it started to take it,s toll on my health with 3 virusis,adult acne all over my left leg,

then i started with the shakes in my head/neck arms and both legs ,I HAD TESTS DONE AT aINTREE HOSPITAL and it is called clonus which in my case is coming from the spinal cord not the brain,then i started to ache all over my body thought it was the flu,this went on for months,so i went to my GP and he exemined me from head to feet and said it was this

fibromyalgia,just got a flare up now so i have got my brutan pain patches on which help and co-codamol 30/500 and voltarol gel.thank you for your kind words,i live in a seaside place

in england called southport it is near liverpool please keep in touch

judith xxx

• Posted

Hi Judith, How are you feeling today? You have been through it a bit like me. I live in Kidderminster which is in the Midlands. I have been to Southport. I thought I was having a not so bad day but have done some light excersizes , not for long and I feel shaky and rough.

I've had to lye down.Idown.I haven't done to much. Hope you are having a reasonably good day. Keep in touch and keep smiling. From Josephine.

• Posted

I DON,T FEEL TO BAD AT THE MOMENTbut it is affecting my head and neck,so got my soft collar on,and also the burning and inflamation has started,going for physio on the leg machine this afternoon for an hour and i also taken my pain killers half way through the session,if you are every in southport come and see me,thats why i don,t do any exercise now because it brings it on,

look after your self judith

• Posted

Hi Judith, Thanks for replying to me so fast. I hope you get on alright at physio.

I don't think I will be at Southport but never know in the future. Thank you so much for asking me to look you up. I would love to do it. I really don't like driving to places that I don't know now.

I have a c/van at brean, Somerset and drive there but I know where I am going because been there many years now. Do you drive Judith? My partner has Dementia and is getting worse which doesn't help my complaint as I have to do everything . He has two daughters who never come to see him or offer to help at all so I am left with it all to do. I must not moan because I'm alive and I have grandchildren and great grandchildren which I love to see. I hope we can keep in touch. Best wishes.

From Josephine.

• Posted

Judith you have been through so much through out your life no wonder you ended up with Fibromyalgia. You are one strong lady my dear I only wish I wasn't on the other side of the world I would love to meet you! Do you have children or grandchildren? That's what keeps me going somedays is just being around my grandson and enjoying his wonderful smiles and cute little things they say to you. (He is 4 1/2 years old) I've learned to find things like this to focus on to keep my mind off my disease, . He comes over to my home usually 3 days a week and it does help having a distraction. I figure anything worth a try! You take care of yourself and stay in touch!

Theresa hugs

• Posted

I went to have my physio this afternoon for an hour,i was on this special leg

machine,it helps keep them moving,because they came go very weak.

then i went to see my GP because the other GP wanted to change my

diazepam which i was not happy,because had a spasm attack in the

morning when she rang me this morning.

if you have an email we could email each other

• Posted

hi judith, really hope you are feeling better a nd the pain easing off, feel for you, nobody realises what fybro does to you physically and mentally, when you are in a dark place its so hard to get out of, but it is possible

the state of mind is so important, learnng the tools to help is a lot of hard work but it pays off and if you learn that its the weapons to start fighting the fybro, lets talk again,

sening you kind thoughts Christine x

• Posted

HI judith, really feel for you, dont give up because it can get a lot brighter, have been where you are and you feel things will never get better.

I have had two spinal ops, got osteoarthritis and fybromyalga and it has taken me the last few years to learn to cope.Have also had personal traumas in life which just adds to everything physical, I have learnt to pace myself which I found hard at first, also got a wonderful councillor, the state of mind is so important with fybromyalga, I AM A REALLY POSITIVE PERSON NOW!!!!!

and deal with the flare ups when they come which is not easy, keep in touch its good to share, your not on your own

HOPE life gets brighter for you soon

Christine

• Posted

i was always a positive person,althought i have had alot of problems from the age of 4,from bullying to the age of 6 then again at 13which did take atoll on self harming,then we lost 9 memebers of our family youngest being 26 the first was my dad,and my dad was bothered about me i look quiet strong,but i am not i am very sensitive and my dad was spot on,then i was losing close friends again the youngest being 29,then the trouble started with my mum and her first cancer which she got over,her 2nd cancer was different to the first,she again got over that one,then her 3rd cancer was in2010 it was on her ribs i was holding down afull time job,had carers in the morning and lunch,i had to do everything elsethen my health started to go down hill,with 3 virus,then adult acne all over my left leg,then she passed away on july 29th 2012 my brother did not help at all with anything,I can,t have any op,s because of were they are in the neck/lower back right hip both handsthen i started with the shakes i thought it was either parkinsons or ms,I had lots of teests down at Aintree hospital it is coming from my spinal cord not my brain,then i started getting sore all over my body thinking it was just flu,then ifinally went to my GP he exemined me fromhead to foot and said you have got fibromyalgia,just going through a spell of it now,the longest it has lasted is a month,and the shortest 12,this one has beengoing for 5 days,thank you very much for your support.1 in 25 people get it

• Posted

morning Judith just wondering how you are? Hope things are getting easier for you,

wishing you good things and that you feel a lot brighter,

christine

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.