clonus / fibromyalgia/depression

Posted , 6 users are following.

i lost my mum 7 years ago to this july 29th since then my health has gone down hill,I was looking after my mum with her 3 cancers for over 22 years,and working 49 hours aweek,I did go back to work,but i was at a clients house and i could feel something was,nt right so i contacted my GP he saw me the next day,also broke down in front of him,was signed off work,then health probelms started,i was losing my hair,ezcema,heart rate was very high,bladder problems crying so much they put me on medsfor my depression but 3 of them made me suicidal.then my body started to shake my neck and head arms and legshad lots of test done,and my clonus is coming from my spinal cord,not my brain,then i thought i had the flu but no tempjust monorite then went to my GP,gave me a full test then he told me that it is fibromyalgia,with me it attacks my head/neck.both arms,quads calfs and feet.you do get very tired,fatigued,annoyed angry,and cryingi sometimes sleep latee at night then wake up and it is 1.30am or early afternoon,so i am on co-codamol 30/500,plus brutan pain patches 30mcg,and voltarol gel,plus physio twice a week i am on 7 tablets aday plus my fluoxitine and also 4 cream and 2 eye liquid and gel

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Judith I hope you are having a better day today. Just hoping you will find words of encouragement on this site. We are all going through this horrible disease affecting each one of us differently but nothing but pain and full of surprises each and every day. We have to look up and keep our chin up and keep pushing away a little bit at a time. Pace yourself and don't overdue it so your body can handle the situation. You take care of yourself!! Theresa

• Posted

to day it is afecting my neck,and head so got my soft neck brace on i am going for physio today at 3pm

i will be on the machine that helps with the legs ,because someday they are weaki will be on the machine for about an houri have put my pain patches on,on sunday so for 3 days, 1 in 25 people get fibromyalgia some times i wish i could give it to someone for just aday,and see how they get on with it,when i got it i thought i had the proper flu and i was momitoring what was happening,then i went to my GP and he did some tests and that was when he told me just starting is the imflamation and burning keep in contact judith from southport

• Posted

the fibromyalgia has calmed down,but i still feel tired and fatuged,now i am getting cramps in my left calfs and also in my right achilles,the last 7days i have had my clonus in my arms and legs i just wish this feeling of feeling low and down would go away. judith

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.