Clots with fribroids?

Posted , 17 users are following.

Do any of you experience the passage of multiple, large clots during your period?

I pass them when I sneeze, stand-up and other inopportune times. When I wear tampons (usually only the first 2 days beceause the flow is so heavy), the clots seem to collect and cause cramping, and when I remove the tampon the clots rush out and my bathroom looks like a crime scene.

I was diagnosed with fibroids 4 years ago, but suspect I may have had them longer because of heavy flow and clots.

3 likes, 33 replies

33 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hey Girl-

I am in the US too. in Washington state. Where are you ? Thats funny, crime scene, got me to laugh. I am bed ridden at the moment from the severe cramps of fibroiid periods. Just started a progesterone blocker to put me into a temporary menopause, again. Blocking the progesterone shrinks the fibroids, or you have to wait it out until Menopause if you can BUT, YES, I deal with a crime scene every month too. I think its par for the couse with fibroids, I also have endmyosis and endometrioses. I am making love to my heating pad today, LOL. Surfing the forums , trying to be helpful while bored out of my mind on bed rest. Thats the other thing, the more active you are, the quicker I have noticed that they will pass faster, and the worse the cramps, the worse the clots. Clots like you are describing also fit the Bill for endometrioses. Usually only dectable if you get a surgery or have repeated ovarian Chocalate cysts that grow large , and then painfully burst when your period is late. How big are your fibroids ? Have you had an ultrasound ? 

• Posted

Dear Iris,

Please try fish oil. I know everyone always comments on the fishy burps, but it is a lot better than the alternative. Also, instead of my one cup of coffee a day, I have one cup of green tea. I swear it is helping me. I only take 2 fish oil tabs a day. I did have a few ultra sounds. My last showed I had a fibroid 4 cm. I do not recall the other sizes, but they are smaller. I am 48 and hoping to go in to freaking menopause soon !!

• Posted

I am in Idaho, 20 minutes from Washington state! Are you in eastern or western Washington?
    • Posted

Hi Lorene,

I am in Western Wa. on the Olympic Peninsula. I am taking the active ingredient in Esmya , its called Ulipristal Acetate. You van get it in the Morning aftwer pill called Ella in the US, It comes in a 30mg, pill , and I have to cut it into 6 5 mg, doses. I found a coupke online pharmacies that sell it, and in Washington state a pharamcist can prescribe it, not sure about Idaho but I will check, Since surgery is not an option for me, and I already did a Lupron treatment, this is my only option, I have been on it for a month, So far, it has stopped my periods. Now the fibroids should start to shrink, I hope. I would not reccomend Lupron unless its your only option. Real nasty stuff. Super bad stabbing cramps as fibroids shrink. The medicine I am on now will most likely do the same thing , but hopefully milder. The Esmya that everyone is talking about is going for final FDA approval next spring. Might take a while though. So for now some women in the US are getting the Ella if they can, particularly if you are not a candidate for any surgery. Keep me posted on how you are doing. Best wishes, Iris

• Posted

Thanks, I will . I have some in my refer, but stopped taking it because I didnt think it was helping fibroids, I had given up on anything natural for a while, Also DID stop drinking cofee finaly. I will get some Green tea next time I go for supplies.ALso taking DIM, Serrapreptase and vitamen D. I just turned 50 and am also praying for menopause. Been on Esmya for a month and just skipped my first period on it, so hoping they start to shrink now, They were so big I HAD to start a Hormone Blocker. Thanks for the tips, what part of the planet are you on ? I am in the US. Best wishes, Iris
    • Posted

Hi Iris! For some reason I just saw this message. Thanks for replying. I am interested in trying that drug. Are you having any side effects?? I was tempted to try lupron but the side effects sound awful! My cycle this month has been better than the last few months. It's still long but lighter flow. I am having a lot of pelvic pain and activity only makes it worse ! Let me know how you are doing .

Lorene

• Posted

I will try fish oil soon. I will be 47 soon and wish for menopause. i need to go back to work soon and how do people keep a job with this kind of bleeding?!
    • Posted

Thanks so much for this advice. I had a bad clotting case this morning and it lead me to this site. I had a d and c about 6 years ago and there was no mention of fibroids but i am starting to think I may have them. I am going to be 50 this month and I have really bad back and hip pain right before and during my periods. Not all months. Some are better than others. It was so bad this morning that I had to jump out of bed and run to the shower and it made me feel like crying. I am going to get some fish oil and some green tea today. Any recommendations on brands?
  • Posted

YES, I have clots. I have had them for as long as I can remember. I'm 40 now. 

YEARS AGO

The first time I was embarrassed was at the grocery store I felt the title wave. Grabbed the last item and flew home. (5min) When I got out of the car my tan leather was no longer tan.

Now as of last month I have 2 fibroids. I haven't stopped bleeding since April. Before that I may have 5-7 days off during the month IF I had sex ZERO days. Really when you can't tell if your cycle is on or not makes me speechless. I'm praying nobody asks me to pee in a cup. I feel like a syrup machine. This is ridiculous. I need a procedure but from the forum discussions, sounds like there are no guarantees for outcomes to stop the madness. SCARRY

• Posted

Hey Kourtney

It is SCARRY, but, Not as scarry as not doing anything about it. They will grow, and it only gets worse. Some women have success with an Eblation procedure, which is real easy to undergo. The side effects of medication like Esmya are not bad at all for me, Better than taking the injections of Lupron. Do not rely on natural cures alone. If they get to big your only option could become surgery. Best wishes, Iris

• Posted

I had you UFE  almost a week ago for for fibroids. I suffered from heavy bleeding and clots. I am hoping that it worked. It is less invasive than a hysterectomy. Do some research and see if it is right for you. There are also possible other alternatives. You have to find the one that was right for you. 
  • Posted

I can see this is from a while ago, but I've been searching for fibroid discussion boards and found this.

Yes!  I get the clots.  For a while it would be at the end of my period and I'd have an evening where I'd keep having to run to the bathroom and the clots would just rain down.  Now they're kind of all through the bleed week.  This month, I'm on day 18 and for the last 5 days I've been having spotting and small dark clots.  I think maybe my fibroid is just blocking the way out and they were sitting there from the last period.  

I'm sorry you're going through this too. 

• Posted

Yes I have huge clots.  I just found out today my fibroid takes up my entire uterus and I was going to post to ask questions to see if anyone has experienced it.  Have you been seen recently for your fibroids?  If not you might want the water sonogram if possible that's how we found out mine takes up my entire uterus and I can't get pregnant.  Keep us updated.  It's miserable I understand. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.