Club Zero

Posted , 9 users are following.

As the initiator of Club Zero in the Northeast forum, I think that we should formally say that we have a Club Zero on this forum for those who have reached 0 Pred and that  pmr and/or GCA has gone into remission.

The last one I have seen that wanted to join Club Zero is John, and I welcome you to this club. We hope that you will continue posting so other members can see that it is possible to come to 0. I myself have been free from pred since December 2008 and I haven´t had any flares. I keep on posting as I think that those who are struggling to reduce are happy to see that there is a possibility to come to 0. At last I want to caution that from 5 mg and below, you have to take it easy so you don´t have a flare. If you do have it at such a low dosis, it will probably take longer for you to get to 0 than if you followed the DSNS method all the time. Good luck to all and we expect you in Club Zero.

4 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Thank you, Ragar?  I agree it's a great encouragement when others get to zero and it can be done!

• Posted

Hi, Lovely to hear from you. I am on the DSNS method since 10mg now at 4 1/2 -5mg  will i be lucky have no flares, i do hope so i know its not a race to come off it but i cant help still wanting to! then i can join your club.
    • Posted

You have the right attitute it seems. Just do not race. You are at such a low dosis that it should not bother you. My problem att 5 mg was the fatigue so I stayed a year att 5 mg and then continued what later become the DSNS method. Good luck
  • Posted

Reached zero last December after six years on Pred. Plenty of ups and downs along the way. It was very interesting to read on this site a couple of days ago about the sun 

having an adverse affect on someone with PMR.  I certainly experienced this myself on a few holidays. The fatigue was dreadful at times. Still would experience some stiffness and loss of muscle strength. Can cope with this though. Anyway so delighted Onwards and upwards now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.