CMAT appointment today

Posted , 5 users are following.

Today is the day I progress with my diagnosis/treatment I hope! I have an appointment to see CMAT - community muscular skeletal assessment team, so I hope they can a) give a diagnosis and b) offer treatment/ Meds and advice! Fingers crossed! 

Hope you are all having a reasonable day. Gentle hugs.

1 like, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Great news that you finally have your diagnosis, at least you can now begin to accept and deal with it all.

We are all here for you. Gentle hugs wink x

• Posted

Thanks everyone it's so good to know that you are all there to support, just hope I can return the favour too. One thing my CMAT lady said was that I need to be kind to myself, and perhaps look to spend some time in the sun, unfortunately this is not on the NHS!!! 

So please be kind to yourself, spoil yourself and gentle hugs to you 😊

• Posted

That is great advice.  We must never forget ourselves and try to indulge in something nice once in a while.

Always here for each other wink xx

• Posted

Im definitly for us all spoiling ourselves, now wheres my husbands credit cardlol take care hun gentle hugs x 
  • Posted

Hi PiliPala, 

Hope all went well at your appointment and you managed to get answers and advice you need, especially for your work. 

Sorry it was a late response, I didn't check in yesterday. 

Thinking of you, gentle hugs, Lisa xx

• Posted

Hi Lisa, yes I did get a diagnosis and I was really lucky to have a very supportive and understanding lady. She thinks that work is a problem for a couple of reasons, it is a very long drive away, and I struggle to drive any distance just now, and as I teach 16 year olds who have trouble with literacy and numeracy, more often than not Behavioural issues too, fibro fog is not really going to help my classroom management!! So I need to consider my options there carefully. However, I do feel more positive for seeing her.

thanks very much for asking, take care and gentle hugs to you too xx

• Posted

I'm really glad you found someone who understood your difficulties. It's often a great relief just to have someone who acknowledges your symptoms, rather than dismissing you. 

I used to work with primary aged children with the same type of difficulties and I know how much work and effort that was, never mind the same in more adult bodies. No wonder you've been struggling. 

Good luck and I really hope you can find a way through that your happy with.

gentle hugs 😊xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.