Co codamol addiction how do I tapper off? X

Posted , 6 users are following.

Wondering if anyone can help me. I've been taking co codamol 30/500 for over 10 years. I take 6 a day. I feel I can't function without them but today I've decided I need get off them. ( Today I've taken 3) but that coz I never woke up till 1.

So can anyone tell me what is the best way to tapper off these ??

I hope someone can help me start my journey.

Don't remember the last time I only took 3 a day so suppose I've started but just wondering if this is ok and how do I tapper ?

Hope everyone is ok thanks xxx

0 likes, 74 replies

74 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hey everyone. Well tomoz is the day I go down to 3 a day. I've been ill last 2 days with withdrawal symptoms not nice at all.

Feelong very weak just now.

I'm going to continue to tapper on 4 a day for another week.

So I'm going to drop a pill every 2 weeks now. To do it slower.

I have been on these 10 years +

Does that sound like a good idea? Just looking for some help on tapering .

I can't half the coz I get capsules

So cut a tablet out every 2 weeks now takes me to 30th of Nov if all goes to plan I will be pain killer free.

I can't afford to be going through bad withdrawals like last 2 days as I'm busy at work so what u guys think ?

This is not an excuse it's more I'm looking to see if the withdrawals will be easier if I do it that way?

Hope ur r all ok xx

• Posted

Great to hear from you again Carla. Well done. Tapering is hard and you must take it a t a pace that is most likely to give you success. Good luck xx Drew
    • Posted

Ok cool yeah I'm under the weather the now so will stick at this again this week.

Thanks will keep in touch x

• Posted

Your right your not looking for an excuse!! Its your plan your body.. your way. Nobody knows what day to day stuff you have to do. So it's your choice simples. Can see your a strong person too. Calculated plan so yeah I think you will be free in November xx Mark

• Posted

Thanks, feel really flu like today just need to try get through the day without taking extra xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.