Cofused with wording on Mri

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi,

I'm new here and wonder if anyone can help. To cut a long story short I have been suffering with back pain for some time. A while ago I was sent for full Mri. When I went to G.p for results he told me everything had come back clear and was absolutely fine. This was some time ago and have recently hurt my back while moving a sofa. It got me thinking about my previous Mri and got my results out. I am confused by the wording as it says " Not significant"  Does anyone know if this means there was some found but not enough to cause worry. Sorry If this is confusing!!! I am a healthcare asst and have worked in current job for 20 years. It is very physical and every day id full of manual handling. Although I have pain in many areas my most current problem is low back pain, pain down right leg, ankle upper and underneath foot  ant big toe. I also have tingling in lower back and burning stinging feeling. Walking for more than 5 minutes makes right leg feel dead although I don't loose any strength.

The report says...

No significant spinal or foraminal stenosis is seen.

No significant disc protusion seen.

Bulging of cervical, dorsal and L5'S1 disc noted.

No significant facet joint osteoarthrosis is seen.

I think the wording "no significant" is confusing me!

As I said this mri was taken a while ago.

Due to new problems I have had another Mri and am awaiting results for that.

Soryy for such a long winded story. Any advice would be gratefully accepted

Many Thanks, Anna

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.