COLD FEELING IN MY LEFT HEAD

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi, I'm a Male, 17, Im feeling cold sensation on top of my left head that doesnt go away. Its still there. Whenever I wake up. 

It doesnt go off. And I also my left back neck has discomfort (my pillow for the fast few days was not that soft). 

and i also have this feeling that after i sleep, it wakes me up, a pain on the eye (looks like on the back of the eye and the side part of the eye, 

but there's no other pain in the head) and because of that my eye has a discomfort (it is not blurry)

The pain in the eye occurred after days of staying up to morning ( had to do a lot of projects until morning... I slept 2am then had to wake up 4:30am or 5am.)

Never felt nausea or something. No seizures or something. No numbness in any parts of the body. Coordination is good as I played basketball with that symptom occuring.

no face numbness or anything. THIS FOR ABOUT 2 weeks

ANY DIAGNOSIS? OR WHAT IS IT?

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Have you spoken to a doctor about this?  I think you should, or your parents if you live at home.
  • Posted

Visit your dr. Ask for thyroid, diabetes, full blood count, vitamin b12, folate and ferritin tests to rule out thyroid, diabetes, anaemia, and vitamin b12 deficiency. Could be a type of migraine or many other ailments. Hope you feel better soon but please have this checked by your dr xx
  • Posted

I haven't a clue but if worried see the Doc to put your mine at ease.

Good luck and I hope it isn't serious so go and put mind at ease and be stress free.

Stress can cause a lot of problems  so go to Docs !!

Win x

• Posted

Mine = mind  !! silly Win xx
  • Posted

Hi guys, Havent see any doctor yet. I'll be going to the doctor next week. I've already talked to my parents.

I hope its nothing serious sad it makes me anxious about certain diseases like tumors, MS etc... 

Have you guys ever experience this? 

• Posted

Yes I just wanted to say I am getting this, it feels like someone is directing cold air on the right side of my brain, really weird. I was referred to a neurologist as I also started having absence seizures and dizziness. He has discovered I have peripheral neuropathy so far, this might or might not be connected I guess. I am waiting for an MRI scan of my brain. I do hope you get an answer soon and its a good one!
  • Posted

Absence seizures are where you just go blank, even just for a short time, you don't have a full fit. Will let you know how the scan goes.
    • Posted

How long have you been experiencing this? When did your seizures started?
    • Posted

Any medicine did your doctor prescribe to ease the icy feeling?
  • Posted

No they won't prescribe anything until after all tests done 
    • Posted

Hi Bijouthecat,

What did your test results show? These are my symptoms as well.

• Posted

The reason I advise a vitamin b12 test is because I suffer cold spots on scalp, shoulder and left leg. I also suffer dizziness and balance problems along with fatigue, tingling, tinnitus and other neurological symptoms. My diagnosis is vitamin b12 deficiency. The serum b12 test is not carried out routinely. I will add that most labs set their normal range too low. Always ask for copy of results as under 200 is deficient but neurological symptoms can begin at a level of 350. Folate and ferritin levels are also important with the b12 test. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.