Cold sensation on top of head

Posted , 21 users are following.

Does anyone else experience a cold sensation on their head? It's happened to me before, but it's so unsettling.

1 like, 28 replies

28 Replies

Next
  • Edited

Hey Samantha. When I was suffering from anxiety I often had this. Along with many other head related sensations, like zaps and what felt like twitching inside my skull. It is unsettling like you say, but t generally doesn't mean anything serious. Try using an ice pack on your head - I know that it's already cold :P but it did help me. Along with orange juice for some reason. But yeah. Good luck smile 

Ryan

• Edited

Now that you mentioned, I suffer from severe anxiety and a few days ago, my head felt weird. Like a zapping pain. Or just lingering there. Of course, my anxiety made me jump to tumor automatically. Thank god it generally doesn't mean anyting serious. And sometimes my head feels weird. Like lightheaded, usually after staying in bed for a long time while using my phone or probably my anxiety. 

• Posted

Hey, how are you doing? I'm having the same feeling for some days now it comes and goes but it comes pretty often. I feel it especially when I'm asleep. I was getting warm sensations in my head now it's more of this cold feeling. It's also to the top of my head. I have anxiety and am also an insomniac. Don't know if it's the cause. It's a bit scary but I'm trusting in God. Hope you have gotten over this. Don't know what to do or where to seek help. Would post when I figure this out. But thanks Ryan. I really hope it's only anxiety as this too shall pass. Praying for you all.

?

• Posted

Hi KiKi did you find anything out about this because I just started having this feeling today 
    • Posted

Hi Monique,

How are you doing? I rarely get it now. It seemed to have calmed over time with my anxiety. I did make some changes though with my diet. I've cut down on proceed foods, sugar, salt, gluten. I've started an exercise plan. I also take supplements like B12, magnesium, Vit E etc. Maintained a better prayer life. I really feel that it was connected to my anxiety as since this has dissipated, the cold feeling was also. Still not 100 % but much better than before. Oh and I'm getting more sleep now.

• Posted

Hi Dear,

Can you share more about your experience? Did you settle it now?

• Edited

I've been getting this cold sensation as if the heat is escaping my head for years. It's difficult to sleep without a hat or pillow or some type of pressure on my head at the spot.

• Posted

i have exactly the same for years.

i cant sleep without a beanie

Especially when I get a bit of a cold and the weather is cooler outside.

I tried to figure it out but cant find anything.

It usually gone in summer.

any new hints?

• Posted

I have the same issue for the last 5 years and it becomes more sensitive to the cold weather every year.

I would be interested in finding the root cause of this. By the way, I am bald and shaved, :-) But I don't think that's the cause. My guess is that somehow my blood circulation is not good enough to reach my head sufficiently.

• Posted

I just had what I believe to be a ice pick headache but I thought i was having an aneurysm so my anxiety shot up immediately and now I'm wondering if the cold feeling kn top of my head is now cause of the anxiety I'm having

• Posted

Hey Samantha I got when I my anxiety is through the roof. I of course thought the worse. which caused the anxiety worse

• Edited

Me too, It have been 17 years, on and off, since I moved to Iowa, I am Asian( Tropical gene), I think something to do with weather ( more on Spring and Fall), and Mold ( my old house have Mold on Attic in winter, basement in summer) and , I don't think Anxiety, hot shower, a lot of water, fresh air, sun light are helping me. I hope one day I will move to warmer place.

• Posted

i live in Australia where its warm mist of the year , but as soon as temps go bellow 15 degrees celsius I get it really bad, like heat flying out of my head, if I put my hand on it it feels good like putting a lid on it. Is that similar to what you had for 17 years?

I cant find anything online about it.

• Posted

i am getting a tingling sensation on the left side of my head when i touch it it feels like drainage down the back of my throat ....what is this???

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.